• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Public announcement - postcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

If you suddenly notice a decline in your postcount, than that will be because I'm ridding the 'Ask Me Anything'-thread of its spam.

Okay folks, nothing else to see here - movin' on.

Cheers

What's deemed as spam? And what gives you the right to mess with someone's posts if they fall within the forum's rules?

I second that. As I stated elsewhere. Your moderator status does not give you a personal delete button to use as you see fit. Would you please not delete my posts :)

I assume Martin will also remove his 5,000+ posts that could also be deemed as spam. :)

It's the fact that people have taken time to write their posts and they can just be deleted for no other reason than they don't conform with one's ideal of what a thread they started should become.

Erm okay, sorry but i'm going to agree with Martin about the games thread
couch.gif
- if everyone posted a screen dump of a new score every time a new game came up then the thread would end up being extremely long and not at all easy to search for the game you are interested in. Why don't the posts stay up for a week or so and then the highest score kept (as it is now?)

Although for other threads I would be inclined to leave them intact - otherwise some of the more relevant posts may not make much sense (especially if they are referring to comments that have been made before)

I couldn't be bothered to type out two replies - so I combined them in the one post, since they're both about deleting posts.

Good for you Martin. (course, i checked to see if my question was still there; which was answered). grote dank

Martin, how dare you make me agree with Abu on something!
I'll never forgive you for this. :mad:

RaVeN

Ice said:
Erm okay, sorry but i'm going to agree with Martin about the games thread
couch.gif
- if everyone posted a screen dump of a new score every time a new game came up then the thread would end up being extremely long and not at all easy to search for the game you are interested in. Why don't the posts stay up for a week or so and then the highest score kept (as it is now?)

Although for other threads I would be inclined to leave them intact - otherwise some of the more relevant posts may not make much sense (especially if they are referring to comments that have been made before)

I also agree on the game thread issue. What I was trying to say in the games thread was this: OK, delte them or it will be too long but I had only posted the day before and it was part of an ongoing conversation :O OK, delete them but please wait until the game is no longer being talked about. Hopefully made it clear now :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you *(collective you)* signed up to this board, you all agreed to abide by the rules, yes?
Have you read them recently?....obviously not, one of them states.....

3.7 The Book Forum reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason without prior notice.

Nuff said! :mad:

KoffeeKat said:
3.7 The Book Forum reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason without prior notice.

The Book Forum; not a moderator on a whim.

Abulafia said:
The Book Forum; not a moderator on a whim.

Okay, that makes twice now that I agree with Abulafia. That's even the first time I've written his name correctly. I'm scared.

I may as well resign myself to agreeing with everthing he says from now on.
Damn you Martin. Damn you to Hell for turning me into Abulafia's Stepford Bitch.

RaVeN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back