• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Public announcement - postcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a question of being kind or unkind, at least for me, just giving voice to my opinion. I really would rather not have my postings deleted. It's really not a personal attack and don't take it so :)

Was that really necessary? Martin’s already said he's not going to delete any more posts.

Probably best thing :)

Also, as we are talking about it. I would prefer that posts not be deleted "just because" and also that threads not, also, be closed just on a whim. Like the "ask me anything thread."

Sure, Martin started the thread but its not actually HIS thread. Maybe somebody else would want to take it over? Unless the thread is breaking forum rules then it should really be left open.

For me, the issue is that a moderator's job is to keep a quiet watch over the forum for any abuse or contravention of foum rules and not to use moderator powers as extra options for own personal usage. :)

EDIT - Again, Martin, this is not a personal attack and so don't take it so. Just engaged in open debate of this subject :)

That's exactly the way I feel. Such deletions, when unwarranted, are viewed as misuse of the forum; an abuse of privileges.

It seems like some of the same people who don't like things deleted are those who, a few months ago, were all about keeping threads on topic. Surely some deletion is necessary to accomplish that?

Also, as we are talking about it. I would prefer that posts not be deleted "just because" and also that threads not, also, be closed just on a whim. Like the "ask me anything thread."

Sure, Martin started the thread but its not actually HIS thread. Maybe somebody else would want to take it over? Unless the thread is breaking forum rules then it should really be left open.
Nope, don't agree. I run the risk of sounding childish here, but so be it. That thread was all me - a one-man show. If someone else wants to copy that, or take it over, he or she will have to start their own. The sole purpose of that thread was to ask me questions, and I'd answer them. As I'm no further inclined to do so, the thread serves no purpose.

Therefore, closed.

Cheers

Martin said:
Nope, don't agree. I run the risk of sounding childish here, but so be it. That thread was all me - a one-man show. If someone else wants to copy that, or take it over, he or she will have to start their own. The sole purpose of that thread was to ask me questions, and I'd answer them. As I'm no further inclined to do so, the thread serves no purpose.

Therefore, closed.

Cheers
Sounds reasonable to me, but as the old saying goes.....
"ya can please some of the folks all of the time, all of the folks some of the time, but ya can't please all the folks all the time"

Such is life! :rolleyes:

Martin said:

Therefore, closed.

Cheers

Sorry, don't agree :)

If I make a thread and decide I don't want to do it any longer. What can I do? Nothing. I have no way to close it. Being a moderator does not and should not give you options and powers other members of the forum don't have for personal usage. To close the thread is for personal usage. No other reason. IF you want to close it because it itt's against forum rules or spam... fine. But other wise you are using moderator powers for your own person use.

Also, that thread was just YOURS???

What about all the people of this forum that worked hard and wrote posts to it? Without them, you would have no thread, Martin.

It was a one man show? Well, without all the posts that pepole wrote to your thread you would have NOTHING!

How can you say it was all yours thread? We all put hard work into it. It's as much ours as it is yours.

I think we'll leave things be at the moment.

Martin has requested that the "Ask Me Anything" thread remain closed, and under the circumstances I think that's best.

Time to move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back