• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quite a Place You've Got Here

RocketSauce

Check, check. Mic Check.

Salutations from Southeastern Massachusetts. My name is RocketSauce, and I have been on a horizon-expansion kick as of late.

Some of my favorite music includes, but is not limited to, Latin, Nawlins Funk, Vintage 70's Reggae, Jazz, Ol' School Hip-hop, and 80's Speed Metal. My Favorite Band of the aforementioned genres is Umphrey's McGee. They are the technically endowed, and have been dubbed "Rock's Undisputed Lords of Sonic Shape-shifting." 'Nuff said. (I attempted to attatch a linky-poo to the band name, but apparently I need to post 14 more times to be allowed to do so. So here's the ghetto link.

In something not unlike that of a nutshell, I am looking to be yanked in new directions of literary taste. Accompanying this endeavor, I am looking to establish new levels of writing, as I have been inclined to do something no one has ever thought of doing: Write the next American Novel! :eek:

Anyway, as far as literary opinions fall, I've only read somewhere in the realm of less than 40 books in my life, and am looking to exponentially increase this number. Basically I have read what I considered to be (at the time) the greats: H.S. Thompson, J.D. Salinger, Scot F. Fitzgerald, Kurt Vonnegut, Franz Kafka, Ernest Hemingway, Tom Wolfe, James Joyce, Douglas Adams, Kerouac, et cetera. But I realize now that I still have lots more reading to do.

Welcome to the forum! I just know that one of these days, the next great American novel will be self-published and posted here.:whistling:

Back