• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quiz => Which literature classic are you?

Rogue

Try this! It uses immensly ellaborate articulation but it's fun.:D

So that's my result:

Oscar Wilde: The Portrait of Dorian Gray
You are a horror novel from the world of dandies, rich pretty boys, art and aesthetics, and intellectual debates between ethical people and decadent pleasure-seekers. You value beauty and pleasure but realize their dangers, as well.

:eek:

Not everyone... I got J.R.R. Tolkien!

J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings. You are entertaining and imaginative, creating whole new worlds around yourself. Well loved, you have a whole league of imitators, none of which is quite as profound as you are. Stories and songs give a spark of joy in the middle of your eternal battle with the forces of evil.

George Orwell: Nineteen Eighty-Four. You are the classic warning against the threat of totalitarianism. To you, politics and philosophy are inseparable, auchtorities suck and the reality might not exist outside our imaginations.

Dont ask me what auchtorities are.

I got Virginia Woolf: Orlando. You are a challenge, for outer events, the outside world, the time etc. play no importance to you. Your focus is in writing, in gender issues, and inside your own head. Self-analysis and exploration of yourself as well as the outer world hold great importance to you.

Woo hoo! Can't wait to live through 400 years and change sex in the process.

J.R.R. Tolkien: Lord of the Rings. You are entertaining and imaginative, creating whole new worlds around yourself. Well loved, you have a whole league of imitators, none of which is quite as profound as you are. Stories and songs give a spark of joy in the middle of your eternal battle with the forces of evil.

Well, that's different:

Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a mystery novel dealing with theology, especially with catholic vs liberal issues. You search wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that learning is essential in life.

I just got Umberto Eco. This is quite accurate: from what I gather from TBF, Eco is difficult to read and understand, and I'm difficult and quite unlikely to be understood. Good match, then.

ds

I got Tolkien!

I do think the questions seem to be a bit biased towards Oscar Wilde. Even though I didn't get to be Oscar Wilde and I wanted to be! :p

Virginia Woolf: Orlando. You are a challenge, for outer events, the outside world, the time etc. play no importance to you. Your focus is in writing, in gender issues, and inside your own head. Self-analysis and exploration of yourself as well as the outer world hold great importance to you.

Hmm, a lot of this seems quite true! I haven't read any Virginia Woolf - wasn't she a miserable git? In which case this is all probably quite apt! :D (Off to find out what this Orlando is all about - unfortunately I suspect it's nothing to do with Orlando Bloom. :D )

Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a mystery novel dealing with theology, especially with catholic vs liberal issues. You search wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that learning is essential in life.

I got Lord of the Rings too.

aimages.quizilla.com_F_firelite_1091189982_rose.gif

I'm sure I took a similar test a year or 2 ago and ended up with one of Marquez's books though.

Back