• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Image Thread

564478_10151186678316273_563288073_n.jpg

Damascus today at 4:30 PM

Wow.

So, do you want to give us a firsthand account of what's going on there?

Damascus - Syria
Chaos, bombing and shelling everyday.. it's awful.
I really do not know where to start.. just now I heard a big explosion..

Thank you dear :)
Well,everything is more difficult now ..moving around the city is such a risky business
some medicine is sold out from drugstores because most of the factories are on the outskirts or in other struggling cities.
Parks and streets are filled with refugees and people who fled their towns and have no place to go..
The sounds of bombing 24/7 non stop since 2 months..we can't stay out late as there have been many cases of kidnap..

That's craziness.

Are there safe areas in the city or is everywhere pretty much the same risk?

You stay safe else I might have to go airlift you out.

There are a couple of safe neighborhoods,something like a "green zone"..
I hope this ends by the end of 2012 because if it didn't,this mess could go on forever.
I am safe at the time being :D thanks for the airlifting offer :D

Good to hear you're safe. You better stay that way or else.

Do your neighbors feel strongly one way or the other about a side?

Let's say my neighborhood is one that has a mixed population,people of different backgrounds, therefore they do not share the same opinion about the conflict.

Dima, I wish you the best. Let's hope the fighting ends soon.

Here's some "rainbow roses" to booster those positive vibes.

athefuntimesguide.com_images_blogs_a_bunch_of_rainbow_roses_for_sale_by_Gertrud_K.jpg

I found this info --
To create a rainbow rose, the stem of a Vendela Rose is split and each part is dipped into a different color of water. The colors are pulled into the petals, creating a multi-colored (rainbow) rose.

Back