• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

Yes. I showed my 14 year old an emulated version a few months back. I got The Look.

Favorite arcade game from ye ole past?

Battlezone.

Atari_BattleZone_Screenshot.gif

The graphics were so interesting. Nothing like blowing up tanks designed by stick figure people!

Pacman. Greatest arcade game ever or overrated?

Last edited:
Ancient stories about small green elves that would kidnap people translating into the modern era.

If one of these LGM came along and offered you an all expense paid journey around the local group would you go?

Yes.

I thought leprechauns just wore green.

Leprechauns in parabolic spaceships made of gold and painted like a rainbow. Good idea or greatest idea ever?

Yes.

I thought leprechauns just wore green.

Leprechauns in parabolic spaceships made of gold and painted like a rainbow. Good idea or greatest idea ever?

Um just how do you paint gold? Isn't the gold at the END of the rainbow? Hmmmmm bad idea?

Did you know that the first description of a UFO did not say they looked like saucers, but did say that they skipped across the sky like saucers across a pond. Somewhere that got lost in translation and we have saucer shaped UFO's instead of one's that skip :)

UFO's collective delusion?

I did not know that.

I believe so. The math works quite well until we add in the temporal dimension, then the odds are just astounding. One can hope there is intelligence out there possessing the wherewithal to drop by for tea, but I suspect we are on our own. We need to get busy.

Same.

I think it's possible that there is other intelligent life out there, but the little men with huge eyes and flying saucers are most likely collective delusion.

If you had the choice to a) never see another human being in person ever again, but have access to all the books ever written or b) see anyone you want whenever you want but have no books at all, which would you choose?

As much as my cynical side would love to believe I could disavow social interaction entirely if I am honest I would have to choose B. But, I wouldn't be happy about it. Perhaps a few evenings with Jenna Elfman would make me forget my loss.

To plagiarize H.G. Wells, which three books would you take?

Back