• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

I like watching movies from the fifties.

Can you consider now consider movies from the sixties and the seventies as classics?

I think some of them would be classed as classic but I'm sure were a lot of poor movies made at those times too which just faded into obscurity.

Do you know within the first few pages of a book whether you're going to enjoy it or not?

To celebrate or to mourn?

Should one celebrate one's birthday or mourn it as one's birthday is a sure indication that one more year of his/her life has been cut and he/she is nearer to death than he/she was on his/her last birthday?

@Canuck Usually, but I have persevered to some fantastic surprises.

@Ibne Celebrate! Because celebrating is fun and mourning is not and won't make you less dead later...unless you are into that sort of thing...

Cake or death?

ummm, well I like cake (especially with ice cream) but death not so much. I'll take cake then.

Carrot cake, great cake or fake cake?

i like carrot cake.. :)

do you eat breakfast? (and no, coffee alone does not a breakfast make) :)

Kaioti - cake or death is one of my favourite Eddie Izzard skits.. along with the death star canteen.. 'you'll need a tray, the food is hot' .. so many others... :D

And that show sir...it gives me great pleasure indeed, sir. :)

Have you seen the new Cagney and Lacy?

No, but Rizzoli and Isles is worthy because Sasha Alexander.

Who would win a fight involving Fiona Glenanne and Annie Walker? Assume that Fi is wearing a sundress and sandals while Annie is wearing an evening gown and high heels. Further assume that it is 65°F and said battle takes place after dark outside of a tavern in Cleveland Ohio during a steady drizzle. The only weapons available are things one would expect to find outside of a Cleveland bar.

Fiona. Because improvised weapons expert.

My office is being moved today. Will it happen before or after lunch?

Imma go with before.

My offspring wants to get her mother a new range for Christmas even after I explained that buying work implements as a gift for a female is not the most sound of plans. She is insistent that it is something her mother really wants and will use every day. What do?

Buy it but make sure Snow White knows it is from Princess Buttercup and you give Snow White something she wants as a Christmas gift.

Oh, it's 3PM and the movers haven't showed up.

Farthest South you have traveled?

A nice little granite cottage on the coast of Brittany, with a few hydrangeas in my garden and the sea close by and a lighthouse on the other side of the bay.

Your best Christmas gift ever?

Oh that's easy. Granddaughter Olivia was born last year three days after Christmas...She's pretty much made of awesomesauce. (She says with no prejudice or bias, whatsoever. Really)

Same question

Life.

A good friend knows you struggle constantly with your weight and that you are a chocoholic but still never fails to give you Lady Godiva bars every time she sees you. Shoot her or hug her to death?

Hug her, but plot revenge...:innocent:

School Christmas Musical Programs: Necessary Evils or Something to look forward to? (Either way, we're going tonight)

Back