• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Quotes, Fables, Tall Tales and Proverbs…keep posting.

"What is the imagination? Only an arm or weapon of interior energy. Only the precursor of reason." -R.W. Emerson

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.

― Glenn Yarbrough

@ Hedwig, sorry I don't know the film your avatar was taken from, I don't watch much TV at all, and I'm not into celebrities either.;)

I'd have been surprised if you knew it, actually :D

New quote:

"Don't die with a bottle of champagne in your fridge!"
Rufus Sewell

I'd have been surprised if you knew it, actually :D

Awww...don't leave me hanging here, I even went as far and did a search on google, found nothing - but I know I've seen him somewhere...but where? Please tell me.;)

The poet gives us his essence,
but prose takes the mould of the body and mind entire.

The Captain’s Death Bed by Virginia Woolf

UPDATE: DH found the picture of your avatar, it's taken from the movie, In a Savage Land and the actor is Rufus Sewell, just like your quote - cheeky bugger :) LOL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151047/

Hey, your DH's a good detective! :D Rufus is a cool guy with a fabulous sense of humour. And oh so gorgeous to look at.

Andy, love your cat quote. Very true.

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else."
-Tyler Durden

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.”
- Abraham Lincoln (paraphrase from the Bible, ‘Proverbs’ 17:28)

“I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up I will just hit them all at once.”
- Unknown

“To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.”
- Wilson Mizner

Cheerfulness keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, filling it with a steady and perpetual serenity.
- Joseph Addison

Back