• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

I did actually post a reason and it showed up on my browser before the thread was closed. The thread had deviated from the original topic to such an extent that it had turned into personal insults, which are not allowed as per the membership agreement.

Couldn't you just delete the insults and let us continue with the pressing matter of The Olympian Pen?

After some discussion it has been decided that the thread should remain closed.

Greetings gentlemen, I will from now on strictly adhere to a no insult policy.

Apologies to those of you who i have offended.

Back to business me thinks, the next bid is up on e-bay......are we having sporting bets on the outcome, or will cynicism follow this wonderful experience?

Cynicism. Definitely cynicism.

I see Peter Johnson paid a visit to the site in Shade's signature to defend his scam.

Here's the link for the new auction. I suspect it will attract less attention than the last one - simply because people are going to be much less keen to continue someone else's story than to write their own.

And unless Peter Johnson gives some concrete details pretty soon of the media that he is contacting, the scam accusations are not going to go away.

Laser-geek-UK said:
i don't see how he went there under Shades signature

I only referred to the site as being that listed in Shade's signature; I never said he used Shade's signature to get there.

i see.....sorry for the confusion.....clearly i'm being worked too hard! gonna go get a coffee!

also, i must give credit to sirmyk for restarting this thread to quickly after the original "fred" went to the darkside. Thank you.

just been looking at the bid, not much action so far, but e-bay is a funny place,I think that lots of people watch from afar until the last minute. Perhaps they haven't bidded yet as they're not sure that they're worthy of finishing/continuing it? I'm only saying that to wind you all up......although there's an element of truth in there, i don't think i could do credit to florida girls work.

Hey! Look, ol' PJ has another one on the go...it's called The Quill of Olympia, and doesn't the site look terrible? Aside from dodgy graphics, childish fonts, a disturbing level of sycophancy, and such laughable quotes as "let's create a story which even the great Dan Brown could be proud of!.

Doesn't this guy realise that Dan Brown would be jealous of the literacy found in a McDonald's menu?

Apparently the old codger who has paid for the privilege of appearing on this farflung node of cyberspace has "wet" our appetites as opposed to "whet" them.

Terrible opening, by the way; I can see the guy has taken the comment about Dan Brown seriously.

Something the great Dan Brown would be proud of! That's the funniest thing I've heard in weeks!

What I particularly love about the Quill website and the Olympian one too is the, er, 'animated' gif logo on the top left which, if you hover your mouse over it, eventually explodes into amateurish Microsoft-Paint-designed colour. Brilliant! Don't know if this will work on the hover thing but here's a taster anyway:

MountainRainbowScroll.gif

Hm, it doesn't - you just get the 'after' version. And I think Johnno is a tad misguided about James McGrath's work. It was clearly a synopsis or background idea (and a terrible one at that), but Johnno has put it up on the site as Chapter 1...

Chapter One

(by James McGrath of West Seneca, New York)

The Enigma and the Anomaly

Uncovering Noah`s Arc on Mount Ararat The Quill of Olympia has now been passed on to Professor Porcher Taylor III.

In his 15-page summary, Porcher reveals the history of many explorers who have tried to unravel the mystery of where Noah and the other 7 survivors landed when their boat settled on Mt. Ararat. None of these private expeditions have found conclusive proof that the remains of this sub-fossil wooden ship are entombed on that remote Turkish mountain’s ice cap. The closest possibility was provided by French explorer Ferdinand Navarra and his discovery of a piece of ancient hand made wood near where the remains of the Arc are believed to be.

Apollo astronaut James Irvin’s Mt. Ararat expedition in the 1980`s was not able to find any conclusive evidence. Now at the beginning of the 3rd millennium with the advent of Space Imaging’s IKONOS satellite, a spectacular new interest was provided on August 5, 2000. This satellite’s imaging of Ararat’s ice cap near the 17,000 ft level shows an anomaly- a 500-600 ft long structure protruding out of the ice. Could it be Noah’s arc?

The formation of a new authorized expedition might find the answer, however, the events of September 11th, 2001, the terrorist destruction of the World Trade Center, has overshadowed the mystery at Mount Ararat. And to make matters even worse, the activity of Kurdish guerrillas in eastern Turkey have put Mt. Ararat under military surveillance. All tourist visits and even archaeological expeditions are BANNED. Thus the spectacular must yield to the mundane....

Wow - how to follow that, eh?

I see that following our discussions on Trademark earlier in these threads that the potential literary classics now come packaged as The Olympian Pen™ and The Quill of Olympia

The graphics are quality. :rolleyes: I especially enjoy the text that displays when you hover over.

I think these were the templates that Bill Gates rejected when deciding what themes to include with MS Frontpage. I wonder why? :confused:

I'm tempted to bid tuppence n' ha'penny to get my words on the site, write And they all lived happily ever after., and draw this tale to the conclusion it deserves. :)

Back