• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RE: Some guy on eBay is selling 500 words of his book to budding authors

It occurs to me that Therese Baric could be some sort of prankster. By beginning her story thus:

When Jure Kosloff shut his front door one late September morning, he didn’t realize he was closing it for good.

- she has effectively restricted her successors to keeping the entire book set within Kosloff's house, particularly as the last line ("What was happening to him?") demands that the story remain with him.

Or of course her successor could just kill him off, thus rendering her opening chapter meaningless!

Oooh. Eurgh. Second thoughts on Therese Baric's writing skills. Have you seen her poems? I particularly like her poem on Terri Schiavo, which was written in October 2003, clearly entirely unrelated to the Schiavo case, and then 'revised' this year to make it newsworthy. Now that's what I call economic.

And Therese, honey: lay off the exclamation marks!?!

your link for the poems doesn't work from my comp......please can i have it in full?

i think you're harsh, exclamation marks make the world go round......errrr.....statements like that are a great reason to go home!

Laser-geek-UK said:
true... but as the old saying goes.....

"A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded"

Laser man, I've noticed you've been criticising critics, what have you got to say for yourself? Hang on...now I'm criticising you for criticising critics...damn! Well, I guess all of us failed writers turn into critics, there isn't much else for us to do in the world.

Stewart said:
Peter, can I call you Peter? Of course I can... :D

Ok, so my name isn't J S King, you're right! It amuses me to think of new names on each messageboard I go to...anyone from the bbc football messageboards will know me as someone completely different...that's where I post most the time, in the Liverpool board. However...my real name is not Peter! If I do bid on the Olympian thingie at some point, then you'll find out my real name!

J S King said:
Laser man, I've noticed you've been criticising critics, what have you got to say for yourself? Hang on...now I'm criticising you for criticising critics...damn! Well, I guess all of us failed writers turn into critics, there isn't much else for us to do in the world.

I see your point, but, the way i see it is that i can show "the critic club" the errors of their ways, even if at times i have to lower myself to their level.....that's actually quite harsh.....apologies if anyones' offended by that.

I see my accusations of my apparant dual personality are still going on.........this is ridiculously absurd!!! It show's the limitations of some of you.

IF....I was the same person as King, then surely the operators of this forum would be able to see that the same URL was being used, or at least that they corresponded to the same area/district. Then, like with Sirmyk, one of the identities would be booted out. I demand that one of the moderators confirms this for me please, unless any of you computer wiz kids out there can. Then perhaps we can get on to serious discussions as supposed to these sad attempts of discrediting my ID......which I see as one of the means by which you guys can try and bully me out of supporting the olympian pen, shame really......pathetic also. Fight an argument like a man, not like a politician.....i guess you yanks out there aren't highly educated in this field.

Stewart said:
OKay, I'll call laser geekie Peter then. :D

Laser Person, for some reason people think I'm you...what do you think about these accusations?

Apparently, everyone who supports Liverpool lives in St Helens with you!?

No, they wouldn't. They found out with smyrk because his other name was not_smyrk and he talked about it himself. I have only been around here for a couple of months but, for what I heard, people have had different accounts before (I think it was because they had been banned) and no-one checked the address.

Back