• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading-related Hobbies

VTChEwbecca

kickbox
I was wondering if any of you had reading-related hobbies? I collect quotes from various books in a "quote journal," as well as collecting different bookmarks (usually the metal ones with quotes on them) to use in my books. I also frequent this forum, as well as other reading-related sites, and post book reviews to my webpage just for my own personal fun. Does anyone else have a book or reading related hobby that they enjoy?

Oh yeah, forgot about those.

And I also love quotes, both from books and films, but I can never get myself to collect them in any which way.

Cheers, Martin

Apart from posting on here and increasing our ever expanding collection of books, I don't really have many other reading related hobbies

Not really a hobby - more of a compulsion - to enter every bookstore, used bookstore, booksale, and library that happens to cross my path. :eek:

Ell

Ell said:
Not really a hobby - more of a compulsion - to enter every bookstore, used bookstore, booksale, and library that happens to cross my path. :eek:

Ell

That's exactly what Phil's like :eek: We can't go anywhere without him dragging me into every bookshop we come across :D

Well i'd hardly call it dragging you, half the time you spend more than i do!! :D

Anyway, the other half you just go off to River Island for half an hour and leave me too it :)

Phil

*scratches head* We'll since I havn't been there for years (well apart from when I get dragged in by my sister :rolleyes: )

Oh ... I mean is that where you think i go ;)

Well i was kinda hoping you were going to Ann Summers to find some nice ... clothes to wear, but you never show ME your purchases now do you!!

Phil

Lets see, collect books, read them :) Make book lists that I want, just found this forum :) and right now i'm studying Biblical Hebrew on my own so I can read stuff in Hebrew, it's fun!

Martin said:
So he doesn't know you come over to my place every now and again?

Good.

Cheers, Martin

Hmmm I think that may take a little longer than 30 minutes ;)

phil_t said:
Well i was kinda hoping you were going to Ann Summers to find some nice ... clothes to wear, but you never show ME your purchases now do you!!

Phil

Who says I don't go in there? ;)

VTChEwbecca said:
I was wondering if any of you had reading-related hobbies? I collect quotes from various books in a "quote journal," as well as collecting different bookmarks (usually the metal ones with quotes on them) to use in my books. I also frequent this forum, as well as other reading-related sites, and post book reviews to my webpage just for my own personal fun. Does anyone else have a book or reading related hobby that they enjoy?

LIke to collect quotations. Like to write down beautiful para in my pretty notebooks, ---sometimes will type and save in computer. Like to collect perfumed card in shopmall, and make them as my book mark. like to smell the book and touch the paper. Like to smile at those books without reason. like to talk with those who also love books, feeling comfortable when with those book-lovers (this could be a silly feeling, anyway. :) )

will continue next time. ;)

Not a silly thing to say, but a wonderful thing to say!!! :)

I think very much the same thing myself, but I don't have any pretty notebooks! :D lol

VTChEwbecca said:

I do exactly the same, I keep track of a number of quotations from all variety of sources and later note them down; when reading a book I always have a sheet of paper in addition to my bookmark to note any interesting passages, and then add them all once I've finished and I take a notebook to the theatre with me and jot down anything I hear. These pearls of wisdom, in a way, form the cornerstone of my life philosophy, regardless of whether they come from anyone from Isaac Asimov (see sig!) to John Milton, and even stretching to Yoda!

In addition, my love of reading has nurtured a fascination with words in general, as a consequence of which I am studying Classical Greek and Latin, both because of a love of Classical culture (especially the Greeks) and also due to the etymological interest of these two languages, the foundations of much of western language.

Back