• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Finished

The Stranger - Albert Camus :star5:

Interesting, as I read this book 20 years ago for my high school English class and found it incredibly boring back then.

The Ivory and the Horn by Charles De Lint :star3:

Some of the stories were beautiful and thoughtful, some were so utterly ridiculous and irrational I got the giggles.

Recently finished a biography of Samuel Pepys, and a quick read by Ian Rankin " A Cool Head." a very fast paced and exciting thriller.

The Birthday of the World and Other Stories by Ursula Le Guin :star5:
The last story alone, entitled Paradises Lost, merits this book the five stars. Beautiful, thoughtful (and thought-provoking) writing.

The Wild Road, by Gabriel King 3/5
Interesting writing and characters, but I found some of the fantasy elements difficult to comprehend or believe.

how did you find this to read? Hard going or interesting and relevant to todays society?

It was really interesting to read, not that difficult to continue reading which I found surprising. Lots of classics I have read are real yawns. I may have found this one so interesting because my son was reading it for his high school ap english class at the same time and we discussed it daily. I remember it as a fun read and relative to todays society in that it is a classic tale of redemption. Have you read it? Did you like it?

Back