• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Thanks to the miracle of interlibrary loan:

No Longer At Ease-Chinua Achebe

The Ventriloquist's Tale-Pauline Melville

The Colony of Unrequited Dreams- Wayne Johnstone

The Big Banana-Roberto Quesada

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn .I really enjoyed this one. Dark subject matter, but a good read.
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Good story but it drags a bit.
The Lie and Time of Thuderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson. Bought for a reading group. Funny bits, but not his best.

Today I bought:
Gone and The Butcher's Theater by Jonathan Kellerman

The Mask by Dean Koontz

Stigma by Phillip Hawley, JR.

Shadow Man by Cody McFadyen

Kingdom Come by Tim Green.

On top of the four library books I brought home April 3, and set aside for Anna Karenina, today I brought home:

Dreaming in Cuban-Christina Garcia

Notes from the Hyena's Belly-Nega Mezlekia

Math Power: How to Help Your Child Love Math, Even if You Don't-Patricia C. Kenschaft

Refuge: Chronicle of a Flight From Hitler-Egon Schwarz

Years Like Brief Days- Fabian Dobles

Big Ideas For Small Mathmeticians-Ann Kajander

I guess I'd better busy!

Not for the Faint Hearted

Last purchases from Amazon.com include:

Memoirs of the Messed Up Minds - Brandon Wilkinson (original ideas and cracked me up)

Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs - Irvine Welsh (he's back to some good form)

Between the Bridge and the River - Craig Ferguson (not as good as the two above, but entertaining all the same).

Cheers

Gaz

Today I came home and found a RABCK (Random Act of Book Crossing Kindness) waiting for me - 253 by Geoff Ryman. It's a book that I've been looking for for ages but have been unable to find, so I'm so grateful for the kind BookCrossing member and her surpise act of kindness!! (the member who sent it was LittleMoo, by the way :D)

Wow. That is really cool. I remember when that was nominated for BOTM. I was hoping it would win, but it didn't and I forgot about it. Please let me know how it is.

Today's second hand finds:

The Bridge - Iain Banks
Choke - Chuck Palahniuk
Sati - Christopher Pike
The Witch's Daughter - Nina Bawden

The last is a childhood favourite of mine that I've been wanting to get ahold of for ages now. I found a lot more books I would have liked to buy, but either they were in terrible condition or were overpriced for second hand. :(

The Bridge - Iain Banks
I hope you enjoy The Bridge. I was reading it while staying in North Queensferry last summer, with a view from our apartment to the two bridges. A bit eerie that was! It's good but my favourite Banks is still The Wasp Factory.

Fantasy Moon
I had forgotten how great a read was "Uncle Tom's Cabin" until one of my daughters brought it home from school recently for a class/ now have it on this summer's must re/read list!

tartan_skirt;
please post your feeling for "The Bridge" Was given that a bit ago but didn't get right into it and now it sits.Also thanks had not head of "The Wasp Factory" but might give that a try

Ship of the Line by C. S. Forester
The Texas Rifles by Elmer Kelton
With All Dispatch by Alexander Kent
Over on the Dry Side by Louis L'Amour
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
The Judas Strain by James Rollins (Pre-Order)

A friend gave me:
The Grand Adventure by Philp Jose Farmer

The Emperor's Lady by F.W. Kenyon

Faded Steel Heat by Glen Cook

Mortalis by R.A Salvatore

FrankenStein by Mary Shelley

Planet X(A STNG and X-men book)by Michael Jan Friedman.

Back