• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Wouldn't it be easier just to squat at the local library? You'll never get round to reading all those books either...

Regards,

Mr Pot

Most recent purchase (delivered yesterday)

Havoc - Jack Du Brul
Judas Strain - James Rollins
Pacific Vortex! - Clive Cussler
Raise the Titanic! - Clive Cussler
Vixen 03 - Clive Cussler
Dark Watch - Clive Cussler

The Turn of the Screw and Other Stories by Henry James
Nine Stories By J.D. Salinger by J.D. Salinger
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
Underworld by Don DeLillo

aec1.images_amazon.com_images_I_51M15R0JMEL.jpg

I recently purchased:
Rhett Butler's People by Donald McCaig
What Would Barbra Do? by Emma Brockes
Sweeney Todd by Anonymous
Affinity and Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
Standing in the Rainbow and Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg
Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Recently purchased

I just purchased and read "The Shell Game" by Steve Alten. Its a new book and I got it from Amazon. It won't be in book stores until Jan 22. Its a gipping, important thriller. The story incorporates some real "eye opening" stuff that occurs behind the scenes of today's world. In that sense, its very shocking. There are a lot of things worth discussing in this book. I've read where this book ought to be a runaway best seller.

latest purchase

Succumbed today. Swore I would not buy any more books - my TBR stack is insane. Discovered that Elizabeth Berg is releasing a new book in February: "I Dream When You're Feeling Blue: A Novel". Just couldn't resist. Placed my advance order today.
I didn't exactly purchase my last two, not technically anyway. I used credits at paperbackswap.com for "Girl in Hyacinth Blue" by Susan Vreeland and "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" (a classic I've always meant to read) by Carson McCullers. Then a friend bought me "Dog is My Co-Pilot" as a gift. I have to stop counting now. :p I can see why my TBR pile is where it is.

A Passion for Books-Rabinowitz
Ex Libris-Fadiman
The Dangerour Book for Dogs-Rex & Sparky
In God We Trust-Shepherd
The Book Thief-Zusak
Speaks the Nightbird &The Queen of Bedlam-McCammon

Atonement by Ian McEwan – after the issue was raised about film tie-in covers. I looked on Amazon and picked up a non-film edition for under a fiver.

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Twinkle, Twinkle, Killer Kane by William Peter Blatty
What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson

This weekend:

• Marcel, Edwin Mortier
  • Castorp, Pawel Huelle
  • Gregorius, Bengt Ohlsson
  • Agamemnon' Daughter, Ismail Kadare
  • The Moon Opera, Bi Feiyu
  • Let It Be Morning, Sayed Kashua
  • Measuring The World, Daniel Kehlmann
  • Rivers Of Babylon, Peter Pist'anek
  • The Torontonians, Phyllis Brett Young
  • Wolf At The Door, Travis Jeppesen

Most are my attempt to read as many of the longlisted titles in the Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2008, which was announced on Friday.

I think that's it. :D

Back