• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

The Stone Raft, by José Saramago. It's a special edition called "A Stone Raft on the way to Haiti" that cost 15€ and all the money will be given to Red Cross and sent to Haiti.

The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
Old Man's War by John Scalzi
The Forever War by Joe Haldeman
The Difference Engine by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling
Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
Life Everywhere by David Darling

I ended up buying at Barnes & Noble online because of Amazon's hissy fit with Macmillan. Stupid Amazon.

A girl friend loaned me volumes two and three of the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Yay for more Raistlin!

A girl friend loaned me volumes two and three of the Dragonlance Chronicles by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Yay for more Raistlin!

You had never read those before? Great series!! Once you finish the Chronicles, read the Legends trilogy. It follows Raistlin and Caramon even further.

Theatre by W. Somerset Maugham
Mary Called Magdalene by Margaret George
A Distant Mirror by Barbara Tuchman
My Mistress's Sparrow is Dead, Edited by Jeffrey Eugenides, containing Great Love stories from Chekhov to Munro

America's Secret War - George Friedman
A Haunted House - Virginia Woolf
A Happy Death - Albert Camus
Two Lives - William Trevor
The Story of Lucy Gault - William Trevor

You had never read those before? Great series!! Once you finish the Chronicles, read the Legends trilogy. It follows Raistlin and Caramon even further.
She told me about a set of books where the twins go back in time. I will assume that is Legends?

Back