• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

addeni said:
This site is deadly - I've only been here a few days and already have a TBR list a mile long, and I thought I'd read most things!

It only gets worse. :eek: :(

Watchers and Velocity by Koontz
Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Next purchase/pre-order: HP #6

ions said:
It only gets worse. :eek: :(

Oh dear/good!

Today I bought:

The Rockingdown Mystery - Enid Blyton for 99p.(A favourite book from childhood which my mother threw out when I got too old for it! It is dreadful but I liked it.)

The Celtic Tradition - Caitlin Matthews for £1.99. and
Tigana - Guy Gavriel Kay from an Amazon seller.

water faerie said:
Bought last night:

-- Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
-- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
"Blood and Chocolate" is a cute story. Not only did I find a copy for me, I also found one for my 12 year old nephew and he loved it!

And Water Fairie...I love your book count!! I don't keep track of how many I read although I always have a book with me wherever I go...

Last books purchased...

New books:

Hardcover-
  1. "A Stroke of Midnight" Laurell K. Hamilton
Paperback-New
  1. "Death Masks" Jim Butcher
  2. "Every Which Way But Dead" Kim Harrison
  3. "Beyond the Pale" Savannah Russe
  4. "Haunted" Kelley Armstrong
  5. "The Awakening" L.A. Banks
Paperback-Used
  1. "The Twilight Before Christmas" Christine Feehan
  2. "Black Silk" Judith Ivory
  3. "An Original Sin" Nina Bangs

Can't find the Don DeLillo thread...

Currently reading Underworld.

Anybody else here read DeLillo? If a thread exists already, will somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Thanks, Wabbit

Wabbit said:
StillILearn have a look here :)

Thank you, Wabbit! Boy howdy, was I ever lost. I was even asking my question in the wrong place.

I'm blaming it all on space aliens -- past, present and future.

DakotaDreams said:
"Blood and Chocolate" is a cute story. Not only did I find a copy for me, I also found one for my 12 year old nephew and he loved it!

And Water Fairie...I love your book count!! I don't keep track of how many I read although I always have a book with me wherever I go...

Hi, DakotaDreams!

Yeah, I've read Blood and Chocolate before. I borrowed it from my friend Shawna sometime last year and liked it. I finally bought myself a copy because I've been wanting to reread it and can't borrow it from Shawna again because I don't see her often enough.

I keep track of how many books I've read, but don't update my sig as often as I should, which is why I don't bother changing the "Last read" or "Currently reading".

Oh! Friday I spent $15 (ish) on books... and bought 17 books. I love used bookstores. Not only that, but today, I bought 4 more. And next weekend I'm getting the new Harry Potter. Must. Read. Now.

water faerie said:
Hi, DakotaDreams!

Yeah, I've read Blood and Chocolate before. I borrowed it from my friend Shawna sometime last year and liked it. I finally bought myself a copy because I've been wanting to reread it and can't borrow it from Shawna again because I don't see her often enough.

I keep track of how many books I've read, but don't update my sig as often as I should, which is why I don't bother changing the "Last read" or "Currently reading".

Oh! Friday I spent $15 (ish) on books... and bought 17 books. I love used bookstores. Not only that, but today, I bought 4 more. And next weekend I'm getting the new Harry Potter. Must. Read. Now.
LOL, yeah, I think I would have that problem as well if I actually tried to keep track of what book I was currently reading. On average I can read a book every 2 days, sometimes a book a day, sometimes more if we have nasty weather!!!

Today I got Griffin and Sabine and it looks wonderful! I can't wait to get to read this one... I am tempted to devour it right away but I am gong to savour it. I'll wait for the weekend and sit by the window with a nice drink and enjoy it :)

I just ordered

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (Adult's Edition) by J. K. Rowling

and

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

at amazon.

Unfortunately it will take ages till I can lay my hands on these books. So you'll have to start the Potter discussion without me. I'll join when nobody else wants to talk about it anymore.

Is One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest any good?

I went out on a charity shop spree and bought the following:

Psycho 2 - Robery Bloch (£0.49)
Along Came A Spider - James Patterson (£2.00)
1st To Die - James Patterson (£0.79)
Memoirs Of A Geisha - Arthur Golden (£2.97 - Not in a charity shop, but really cheap from Music Zone)
The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice (£1.00)
The Witching Hour - Anne Rice (£2.00)
A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett (£2.00)
A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare (£0.49)
The Long Dark Tea-Time Of The Soul - Douglas Adams (£2.00)
The Crow Road - Iain Banks (£0.99)

Quite pleased with myself. Had to hold back from getting a few books... already got enough to read as it is. I also have to read Othello and (re-read) Catcher In The Rye for next term English. :D

Received a package from Amazon yesterday.

Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Serving Crazy with Curry - Amulya Malladi
Grave Intent - Deborah Leblanc
Survivor - Chuck Palahniuk

Will probably start with Survivor since I just read Choke and really enjoyed it, unless my husband grabs it up first. Hope Survivor is as good.

Rogue said:
Is One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest any good?

Yes. I read it in a college English class, and it stayed on my mind for months. My husband had the same experience.

tartan_skirt said:
I went out on a charity shop spree and bought the following:

Psycho 2 - Robery Bloch (£0.49)
Along Came A Spider - James Patterson (£2.00)
1st To Die - James Patterson (£0.79)
Memoirs Of A Geisha - Arthur Golden (£2.97 - Not in a charity shop, but really cheap from Music Zone)
The Vampire Armand - Anne Rice (£1.00)
The Witching Hour - Anne Rice (£2.00)
A Hat Full of Sky - Terry Pratchett (£2.00)
A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare (£0.49)
The Crow Road - Iain Banks (£0.99)

Quite pleased with myself. Had to hold back from getting a few books... already got enough to read as it is. I also have to read Othello and (re-read) Catcher In The Rye for next term English. :D

Ooooh you should be! Great haul :)

tartan_skirt said:

I had that in my hands at the used book store recently and purchased Ender's Game instead. I wonder if it's still there.

Mari said:
Yes. I read it in a college English class, and it stayed on my mind for months. My husband had the same experience.
Thx. Now I'm really looking forward to this one.

Today I purchased:

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon and His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.

Back