• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I just attended a Library Sale, so have aquired quite a few extra copies, and some new ones as well. One of the new ones is Blood of Victory by Alan Furst. I already had his The Polish Officer but have not managed to get to either yet.

I just ordered The March by E.L. Doctorow and Pride of Carthage: A Novel of Hannibal by David Anthony Durham. Plus I have pre ordered the latest Gabaldon.

Now only the time to read everything is lacking! :D

Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) ~ Christopher Paolini
Eldest (Inheritance, Book 2) ~ Christopher Paolini
Watchers ~ Dean Koontz
One Door Away From Heaven ~ Dean Koontz

Arrived yesterday afternoon..

The Temple of the Golden Pavillion - Yukio Mishima ( pot luck from Amazon recommends.....)
Lolita - Nabokov
Alexander the Great - Robin Lane Fox
The Orchard Keeper - Cormac McCarthy
The Outer Dark - "
Palindrome Hannah - Michael Bailey
We Need to talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver

Legendary Heroes

I've recently was refered a book by a friend call Legendary Heroes-The Heart of Madaen. I'll admit it was a bit pricey, but a great read. Pure adventure/fantasy with lots of engaging and fun characters. I highly recomend this to anyone who loves a fun read. I've bought a couple of books recently that were thick and heavy and left me feeling ripped off because I ready through 800-900 pages and like about 100 pages of it. This book isn't nearly that long, but has been more satisfying than what has been offered by J.K. in her last two installments combined.

The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Les Fables by La Fontaine

I've been busy with my studies lately that i don't even have much time to read. Hence recently each time i visit the bookstore i've bought only a few books.

John connolly-Every Dead Thing! Has anybody read any of his books? I had never heard of him tell yesterday! :)

I wouldn't really call these books "recently purchased," but here you are:
1)East of Eden by John Steinbeck
2)Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
3)Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
4)The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Infinity said:
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
I've heard positive reviews for this book, and you are very fortunate to have come across it. Have a pleasurable read!

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Just in time to start reading for next month's book discussion.
Blindness by Jose Saramago. I've wanted to read it since I first picked it up by chance at the book store but was in no rush until I got caught up a little in the hype on here. :eek:

'Au revoir, les enfants' by Louis Malle, assigned reading for school.
From the library I got 'Die Mathematik der Nina Gluckstein' (The mathematics of Nina Gluckstein) by Esther Vilar and 'Die Elixiere des Teufels' (Devil's Elixirs) by E.T.A. Hoffmann.
Tomorrow, my copy of 'Dubliners' should arrive from Amazon.

My Daughters have just got me Dan Browns The Da Vinci Code! I have not read any of his before!

Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. Having read this thread I was curious. And I have to admit the ideas behind Dan Brown's Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, although I haven't read that, are kinda interesting. $4 used. Probably won't get to it for a while though.

Just won on E-bay for 99p
Consider phlebas by Iain Banks
I have not read many Sci-Fi books, friend of mine recommended it.

Also bought A Confederacy Of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole

cabrasopa said:
Great book! It's part of the culture books ( Don't panic they are all stand alone. They are just simply set in the same universe. ) and you might get addicted. Probably the most easy to get into of the culture books. It's a bit more action orientated than the rest. Hope you like!

Wabbit said:
cabrasopa said:
Great book! It's part of the culture books ( Don't panic they are all stand alone. They are just simply set in the same universe. ) and you might get addicted. Probably the most easy to get into of the culture books. It's a bit more action orientated than the rest. Hope you like!
Thanks Wabbit, looking forward to reading it

I just bought Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series on eBay. Am looking forward to receiving them. 4 huge books :D It's technically a trilogy but the last book was so long they had to split it up on two 800+ pp volumes. Something tell me the dear Williams may not be good at being concise - I like him already :D

Back