• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Went thrifting at goodwill and had some good bargains.

Patriots; A.J. Langguth-I've seen this book around for quite awhile, always wanted to read it.

What To Look For In A Classroom......and other essays; Alfie Kohn

The Philosophy of Insanity; Anonymous-I had to buy this book when I saw the cover. It was written in the mid 1860s by a former psych patient.

Content Area Reading
; Richard T. Vacca & Jo Anne Vacca-A textbook about teaching reading skills, just want to see if there are any new strategies that I could utilize at work.

The Constant Gardener, by John le Carré

b1.jpg

Go-boy!: Memoirs of a life behind bars by Roger Caron

Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood

Both from the 25 cent bin at the local used book shop.

The "Friends of the Library" group, here in san Bernardino had a bag sale today. Ended up getting about 30+ books all for 4 bucks. About 15 of them are anthologies (short stories, drama, short novels). I just realized I should have posted the info about this sale; sorry. But for anyone in the Inland Empire in California, they are having another sale 3/22 at the Feldheym library.

Went to Goodwill.....

I robbed 'em blind!:D

Ferraro by Geraldine Ferraro. I remember this one as a kid, wildly popular back in '84.

Boris Yeltsin: From Bolshevik To Democrat; John Morrison

Hawthorne: Selected Tales and Sketches; Hyat Waggoner

Confessions of a Medical Heretic; Robert S. Mendelsohn

The Pact by Jodi Picoult
Surfacing by Margaret Atwood
Bad Luck and Trouble by Lee Child
Whiteout by Ken Follett

aa1055.g.akamai.net_f_1055_1401_5h_images.barnesandnoble.com_images_10680000_10680345.jpg

The Pursuit of Love and Love in a Cold Climate, both by Nancy Mitford and An American Way of Death Revisited, by Jessica Mitford.

The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro
The Stand by Stephen King (Complete and Uncut, Hardback)

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_4108NAMXCML.jpg

Did pretty good at my favorite used book store today. Got both Altered Carbon & Woken Furies by Richard Morgan. They are in great condition and I only paid $2.75 each. :D

Back