• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

I dare not open the mailbox anymore:

Every Love Story is a Ghost Story by D. T. Max. "A Life of David Foster Wallace."

I read "Good People" and I am convinced. A genius, lost too soon.

Lightning Beneath the Sea by Graham Davies. A slim book of poems which, as near as any, have resonance for me.

My last three books have been Equal Rites, Wyrd Sister, & Witches Abroad by Pratchett. I'm loving these books. I am completely hooked at this point. I can't imagine how I have only now been made aware of these gems.

My last three books have been Equal Rites, Wyrd Sister, & Witches Abroad by Pratchett. I'm loving these books. I am completely hooked at this point. I can't imagine how I have only now been made aware of these gems.

My feelings exactly when I discovered Pratchett. My first was "Small Gods" Was not able to get spousal unit interested until I found "Soul Music." Now it's a battle for who gets to read a new one first.:whistling:

Curiosity

The last book I purchased was probably:
The Know-it-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World (Paperback) by A.J. Jacobs

I am curious though as I recently stumbled across this site.
DestinyExistsBooks.Blogspot.com (loved the name so used it for myself)
It looks realtaively new, only a couple of posts so far, but intriguing writing. Does anybody know the author of these books? Has anyone else seen this site?

The Secret of Evil by Roberto Bolano.

A Simple Act of Violence by R.J. Ellory.

When it Happens to You by Molly Ringwald.

Seward by Walter Stahr. "Lincoln's Indispensable Man."

Cocktail Waitress by James M. Cain. His "lost final novel."

Dead Wrong by Richard Belzer, David Wayne. Allegedly "Straight Facts on the Country's Most Controversial Cover-Ups."

Lincoln's Melancholy by Joshua Wolf Shenk

The Inner World of Abraham Lincoln
by Michael Burlingame

The Rise of Rome by Anthony Everitt

Pure by Julianna Baggott

Believing the Lie by Elizabeth George

A Separate Country by Robert Hicks

Last Snow by Eric Van Lustbader

Lincoln's Code by John Fabian Witt. "The Laws of War in American History," originally promulgated by Lincoln during the American Civil War and eventually incorporated and expanded in the Geneva Convention.

Lincoln's Code by John Fabian Witt. "The Laws of War in American History," originally promulgated by Lincoln during the American Civil War and eventually incorporated and expanded in the Geneva Convention.

Peder - I am constantly amazed at the volume of reading you do - you must stay up late and get up early - quite impressive. :)

Peder - I am constantly amazed at the volume of reading you do - you must stay up late and get up early - quite impressive. :)

Well, er um, :blush: thanks for the compliment, Canuck, but it's more like the volume of book buying that I do, rather than actual book reading. My reading hardly keeps pace. It's just that I buy the books I think I will like to read when I see them; after all, they might not be there the next time I look! So, this way, I at least have them on my shelf for whenever I am ready or in the mood for them. What I actually do read is up here on my blog, and that is not so many.

It's an impulsive thing, :)
But I try.

Thanks

Well, er um, :blush: thanks for the compliment, Canuck, but it's more like the volume of book buying that I do, rather than actual book reading. My reading hardly keeps pace. It's just that I buy the books I think I will like to read when I see them; after all, they might not be there the next time I look! So, this way, I at least have them on my shelf for whenever I am ready or in the mood for them. What I actually do read is up here on my blog, and that is not so many.
It's an impulsive thing, :)
But I try.
Thanks

Have read your blog with the books read - and only one author whose books I have read and that's Jonathon Kellerman. Apart from the 50 Shades books titles I didn't recognize any of the others. So many books out there of which I know absolutely nothing. Amazing how we all gravitate towards that with which we're comfortable. :)

....So many books out there of which I know absolutely nothing. Amazing how we all gravitate towards that with which we're comfortable. :)

Many thanks, Canuck, for looking at my blog post -- really!

Yes, there's a world of books out there, for all of us, that we know nothing about. There are times I try to pick up the unfamiliar and read it; and then there are the times for comfortable reading. I try to read some of each, I say; but it is a continual struggle against the comfortable and familiar. Anyway, it is all rewarding.
Keep the faith,
And keep reading, :D
Peder

I read this book called: I Call It the Bottom, and this was one of the best books that i have ever read. This is a book that finally cuts the BS and help you start a very successful business in a industry that isn't know by the majority. This book isn't like any other that I've ever read and I would suggest it to anyone. Its being sold on amazon.

Back