• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Tolkien - The Silmarillion; never read this in all the years of my tolkien fanhood.
Aldous Huxley - Eyeless In Gaza

I liked Gormenghast, particularly Titus Alone. I was expecting more on Steerpike though. but I came to like Titus a lot.

Monday Mourning- Kathy Reichs
Killer Smile- Lisa Scottoline
Faint Cold Fear- Karin Slaughter
Blind Alley- Iris Johansen

Hopefully these books are good

my recent purchases:

Jane Austen - Emma
Jane Austen - Persuasion
Jane Austen - Northanger Abbey
Marianne Curley - The Dark
Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre
Laura Esquivel - Like Water for Chocolate (in German)

They're here!

Day Of The Triffids - John Wyndham.
Snowcrash - Neal Stephenson.

Whoopie!!

Cheers

I Am Legend - Richard Matheson (hi gizmo!!!)
Flowers for Algernon - Daniel Keyes
7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness - Jim Rohn :)
Cryptonomicon - Neal Stephenson

ds

Well, because they are both, quite simply, amazing, especially the latter, which is my all time fave!

Cheers

i finally got a copy of everything its illuminated on paperback, just wish i would get it on english :( , but hopefully the translation its good enough. since martin et al keeps saying its so good, ill put on hold the book i was reading (the hollow by agatha christie) and start reading everything..... right away :cool:

You know, Ice has hidden our copy of Cryptonomicon somewhere, so i still havnt read it - maybe i'll have to tickle her mercilessly until she gives it up :D

Phil

phil_t said:
- maybe i'll have to tickle her mercilessly until she gives it up :D

According to the bathroom stalls in my town, that's pretty much all it takes for Ice. :p

Welcome home Phil. I've missed your ass.

RaVeN

Back