• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

RaVeN said:
And I'd be very interested to find how you liked this one, as I'm thinking of buying the series. Thanks,

RaVeN
I liked the series, but then I do enjoy Cornwells style of writing :)

Re. Heretic

RaVeN said:
And I'd be very interested to find how you liked this one, as I'm thinking of buying the series. Thanks,

RaVeN

I've read the first two and enjoyed both of those - If you like Cornwell's other stuff you'll like these, I think. His period detail is good and he knows how to buckle a swash, too. :)

Raven...

You've been stocking on Robin Hobb, I see. I suppose that means you liked her first book enough to keep buying them? How do they compare to say, GRRM? Or is she like Eddings?

ds

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Ender's_Game1.jpg

_

ParadoxicalRae,
Let me know what you think of "A Home at the End of the World", I was thinking of reading it...

I haven't started it yet but I saw the movie and I loved it! Then again, maybe I just find it amusing that Colin Farrel only has 3 facial expressions....
Anyway, it was a very sweet movie and I'll probably be reading the book after I finish I'm Not Scared and The Persian Boy.

Kiln People by David Brin
The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen

Both bought on sale at my local Chapters store.

Latest 3 for 2's from Waterstones:

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum
Trojan Odyssey by Clive Cussler
The Last Juror by John Grisham

Phil :)

Recent Purchases

OK, the TBR pile has now SERIOUSLY taken over the living room bookshelves and a good chunk of the office. I have WAY more books I want to read than I have time to read them, and even more books I probably "should" read that are at the bottom of the pile. But I voluntarily bought the following in the past few weeks (which made my son VERY happy because he will get to read them long before I do!).

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy (read both years ago but they got lost in one of my moves or were loaned out indiscriminately never to return.
Reaper Man
Moving Pictures
A book by Sherilynn Kenyon (Can't remember the blasted title)
Fear Itself (A Fearless Jones novel)
Little Scarlett (By the same author, but I'm blanking on the blasted name)

Cie

Back