• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Just got _The Devil Wears Prada_ by Lauren Weisberger for my wife. Stole a read for a couple of pages - even the dedication page made me laugh!

ds

I just purchased a bag full of Stephen King books:

• Insomnia
  • The Regulators
  • Hearts In Atlantis
  • Black House
  • Desperation
  • Salem's Lot

Used from Amazon. :D

_

Just ordered from amazon Shogun, Tigana, Sir Apropos of Nothing, Assassin's Apprentice, and the first 3 books in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Picked up Salem's Lot at the book store yesterday :)

Sniffles said:
I have recently purchased Thief of time by terry pratchette and The Death trilogy also by terry pratchette
I love Pratchett. He's the only author who is able to consistently brighten up an otherwise crappy day for me. And Thief of Time is one of my my top 5 favs from him. A little bit more convoluted than the Pratchett norm, I felt, but absolutely brilliant because of it.

I recently purchased Ian McEwan's Atonement and Adair's The Holy Innocents (both $5 steals), which I just completed.

UTSteel said:
Just ordered from amazon Shogun, Tigana, Sir Apropos of Nothing, Assassin's Apprentice, and the first 3 books in A Song of Ice and Fire.

Picked up Salem's Lot at the book store yesterday :)
I don't like you. I wish I could pick up tons of books at one go too. But alas, not on my niggardly salary :( :p

:eek: dont hate me , its not my fault I work too much and dont have time to go shopping like normal people... its kinda sad i have to use amazon

i like terry pratchette too, i think i've got 4 or 5 of his books but have only read 3 so far.

Had to some MORE Crimbo shopping today. I was in Borders book shop buying books for presents. I promised myself I wouldn't buy any more books for myself because my shelf is already creaking and I have spent quite enough money... but you know how it is, right? :D

I was being good.

It was going very well.

I resisted temptation after sweet temptation!

And then.... I. Saw. This. and. HOW COULD I NOT?????????

aimages_eu.amazon.com_images_P_0572029217.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ;)

What a great title too :D

Wow, me timbers are shiverin'!

I've just bought:

• Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'
  • Gabriel Garcia Marquez's 'One Hundred Years of Solitude'
  • China Mieville's 'Perdido Street Station'
  • Jonathan Swift's 'Gulliver's Travels'
  • F. Scott Fitzgerald's 'The Great Gatsby'
  • Daniel Defoe's 'Robinson Crusoe'
off Amazon, for a total of £21.27. I think that's pretty good going!

I can't wait for the bastards to arrive!

UTSteel said:
:eek: dont hate me , its not my fault I work too much and dont have time to go shopping like normal people... its kinda sad i have to use amazon
I don't hate you, I just envy you to bits. But at least now I know what my problem is. Have to get me a job that doesn't allow me to go shopping, LOL!

i like terry pratchette too, i think i've got 4 or 5 of his books but have only read 3 so far.
Have a friend that doesn't like reading. But I gave her a copy of Wyrd Sisters to read during her 7 hour flight and she said that she laughed so loud, the person beside her told her to keep it down because her laughter kept on waking him. She doesn't read anything else but Pratchette now. :D

Just purchased Quarantine by Jim Crace (which I am reading now) and E. M. Forster's Room with a View. Both 2nd hand book store purchases, though. Amazon remains the mistress I cannot afford. :rolleyes:

The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald
awww.achievement.org_library_bookcovers_GreatGatsb_0.jpg

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
fahr451b.jpg

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
0060929871.jpg

It by Stephen King
aa1204.g.akamai.net_7_1204_1401_04110808011_images.barnesandnoble.com_images_8500000_8509010.jpg

_

:D That's quite a big book huh! I liked it :)
My five; Andy McNab's 'Deep Black' read em all and Nick Stone's my hero. STEPHEN KING The Dark Tower VII, .. The end of it all. What will I do. On second thoughts don't answer that! Jack Higgins 'A Season in Hell' a great oldie, and..Has anyone read Clive Barker 'Coldheart Canyon'!!! :eek: It was advertised as a Hollywood ghost story, must be the only book I never finished... That is one sick puppy!!!

Hehe, yeah I love Amazon, Mr. Wabbit. I didn't used to though, until I discovered the New & Used bit, and the free postage for over £20 (£19 now). But... I still get my books at their main store, to get the free postage, because you can pay quite a bit on postage for books on there. I get my CDs and DVDs from the New & Used section. You recommended at least two of those to me though. Cheers dude!

AquaBlue, I bought two of those books (as you know) and I was thinking about buying Fahrenheit 451 aswell! But I didn't because I thought it was pretty expensive for the length of it. We must have a pretty similar taste in books! I haven't read any Stephen King though.

Back