• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

Life On Mars seasons 1 &2 (original British version) - a most excellent series. Love John Simms and Philip Glenister.
Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick - replacements for DVDs not returned.
Taken - Steven Spielberg's Roswell alien tale.

The Fighter (blu-ray)
Clarissa (young Sean Bean as rakish Richard Lovelace)
The Belstone Fox (British 70s movie about a huntsman who adopts a foxcub)

Blade Runner: The Director's Cut. A classic film. Nuff said.
Moon...Brilliant film by Duncan Jones (David Bowie's son). Sam Rockwell as Terra-former Sam Bell is sublime.

Blade Runner: The Director's Cut. A classic film. Nuff said.
Moon...Brilliant film by Duncan Jones (David Bowie's son). Sam Rockwell as Terra-former Sam Bell is sublime.

I think I have 4 different Directors cuts...and my first copy of the movie is on Betamax. My all time favorite movie.

I think I have 4 different Directors cuts...and my first copy of the movie is on Betamax. My all time favorite movie.

It is a superb film. I did previously own a copy of the Director's Cut (I also own the Final Cut) that I just purchased, unfortunately, someone declined to return my copy after borrowing it.

I also loved the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' that the movie is based on. The sequel to the film and book, The Edge of Human, was okay, but nowhere near the calibre of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/ Blade Runner.

I've owned several copies of Blade Runner on VHS, laserdisc, DVD, but my favourite is now the blu-ray of the Final Cut. The picture is just amazing, and Blade Runner having been shot on decent film stock really makes this one that shines. The first time I watched the blu-ray my jaw just dropped (and remained such for the duration of the film). It was like watching a completely different film - everything so crystal clear.

I actually don't care too much for the book though, I think having come to it after the film and after the film really sunk its teeth into me, I just found it hard to adjust to its quite different vision.

There's a really good study of the film, published under the BFI Modern Classic imprint, titled 'Blade Runner' by Scott Bukatman. It has quite a heavy focus on the film from a post-modernist angle, and whilst it may seem redundant to mention that given the film's nature, is still a must read for the Blade Runner movie aficionado.

It is a superb film. I did previously own a copy of the Director's Cut (I also own the Final Cut) that I just purchased, unfortunately, someone declined to return my copy after borrowing it.

I also loved the book 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' that the movie is based on. The sequel to the film and book, The Edge of Human, was okay, but nowhere near the calibre of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep/ Blade Runner.

While watching the movie the first time I kept thinking, "I know this story." I had read the complete canon of P.K. Dick years before I saw BladeRunner.

My toothbrush would be lent before a book or movie.:whistling:

I ordered Bad Timing: A Sensual Obsession from B&N.com. They're having a 50% sale on all Criterion Collection DVDs/Blu-rays.

I am in awe of your horror b-movie purchasing of late.
I adore Blade. :innocent: It's kind of funny that I don't always buy the really good movies that I like, but when I see cheesy stuff like Puppet Master? Oh yeah, it's mine! ;)

I guess I'm just lacking "Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys" now, right? I can't remember if there were any more in the series.

I just Googled and according to Wikipedia there are nine sequels to the original Puppet Master. Nice.

Phantasm has just three sequels. Leprechaun has five. Ghoulies five films in total. I can't think of other horror b-movies with crazy sequels right now though... (and I don't count the majors NoES/F13/Halloween etc.)

I can't think of other horror b-movies with crazy sequels right now though... (and I don't count the majors NoES/F13/Halloween etc.)

Children of the Corn?

And then there's all the various Godzilla series, and between all the crossovers and different cuts and dubs I think even calculating how many those are is a science unto its own...

I was looking up DVD releases to see when African Cats was coming out, and seen there was mention of a Children of the Corn: Genesis. I've not heard of that... and it makes me wonder if it is sequel like the previous releases, or a sequel to that horrible SyFy version. So bad but the irony is that it's more like King's short story than the original.

Thanks for the info, Will! Sounds like I should be on the lookout for another Midnight Horror Collection set.

Back