• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently purchased DVDs

Bought 'em used:

Great Expectations - "read" the book for my 19th C. English Novel class this summer, made me think about the movie. It's quite lovely and an interesting adaptation. The music is amazing (actually got the soundtrack before I even saw the movie when I was 15).
The Green Mile - love this movie and my boyfriend hasn't seen it yet, really want him to check it out. I actually paid a little bit more for getting the one with the documentary on the making-of.
Henry & June - been wanting this for a long long time.

Notice that they're in alphabetical order. It's a good thing I stopped at this shelf... who knows what else I would've found. I was just looking for The Green Mile and ended up getting those two others.

Tom Stoppard's ever fresh Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead (a re-purchase, my previous copy was borrowed and never returned) and the riotously funny Hot Fuzz.

Sideways, Hard Candy, Reservoir Dogs, and a double feature of Requiem for a Dream and Pi.

We own Reservoir Dogs, but I think it's good enough to buy another to take to college.

Sideways, Hard Candy, Reservoir Dogs, and a double feature of Requiem for a Dream and Pi.

We own Reservoir Dogs, but I think it's good enough to buy another to take to college.
I liked Sideways a lot - but since it's free on Hulu, I can't get myself to buy it.
I've been dying to see Hard Candy since before it came out... still haven't gotten around to seeing it. :sad:
We really love Reservoir Dogs too, I bought it for my boyfriend's Dad awhile back and am having a hard time trying to buy myself another copy when I could always borrow his. But I know what you mean about buying multiple copies (in this case, a second) of a movie you really like and already own. In that case, I bought a second copy of Leon:The Professional.
I love Darren Aronofsky and his vision. A fantastic director/writer... that being said, I can't get myself to watch Requiem again. I saw it for the first time (and the last time) in 2001. It was amazing and horribly depressing. It just left me feeling terrible... and feeling that way once because of that particular movie is enough. :p I'll give other movies a chance to make me feel like crap. ;)
Pi - I haven't seen that in about 10 years! We own it too, but haven't gotten around to seeing it again either. I remember loving it.
---
Our last buys:
Batman: The Animated Series (1992): Seasons 2, 3, 4 (got 'em all now) - my absolute favorite cartoon ever and my favorite adaptation of any Batman works.
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen [Blu-ray] - I saw it for the first time last month. It was okay.
The Iron Giant (Special Edition) - my boyfriend loves this movie. I can't remember if I've seen the whole thing or some or not at all...

Yesterday I bought Finding Neverland, Harry Potter V, 21 grams and Babel. I haven't seen the two by Alejandro González Iñárritu so I'm really looking forward to watching them this weekend. Maybe just one, Amores Perros was excellent but a tad depressing, and I have a feeling these two aren't exactly feel good movies.

I just purchased Stand By Me and The Neverending Story I & II. The later is a present for someone special. :)

Does anyone else hate those gazillion security stickers as well ? Annoying thingies.

I just purchased Stand By Me and The Neverending Story I & II. The later is a present for someone special. :)

Does anyone else hate those gazillion security stickers as well ? Annoying thingies.

Security stickers on books?

Walking with dinosaurs, walking with prehistoric beasts, before the dinosaurs, walking with cavemen, and some special features dvds. That was one good package deal.

Just purchased Perfume: The Story of A Murderer and Notes on a Scandal. Both of these movies are really good and I saw them when they came out, but I wanted to buy the DVD's as well. They are well worth the money.

Disneys Robin Hood & Fox and the Hound

Into the Wild

My wife also bought season one of One Tree Hill.

Back