• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommend Third Crusade fiction

paperapostle

A Historical Fiction book that is set in the Third Crusade?

I'm looking for something that would deal more with Saladin and less with the European side, and Richard the Lionheart. My mom gave me a non-fiction overview of the Third Crusade for Christmas a while ago that left me fascinated with this period in time. I will also sheepishly admit that a video game called Assassin's Creed which I was playing around that time compounded this interest.

Anyone come across this or have ideas on to find something close to it?

A Historical Fiction book that is set in the Third Crusade?

I'm looking for something that would deal more with Saladin and less with the European side, and Richard the Lionheart. My mom gave me a non-fiction overview of the Third Crusade for Christmas a while ago that left me fascinated with this period in time. I will also sheepishly admit that a video game called Assassin's Creed which I was playing around that time compounded this interest.

Anyone come across this or have ideas on to find something close to it?

The crusades through Arabian eyes by Amin Maalouf is non fiction but read very much like a novel.(i read it close to ten times !)
He also wrote Samarkand ,about the same period with also a good deal about the secte of the assassin and the old man of the mountain.Excellent too.

awww.fantasticfiction.co.uk_images_x4_x20661.jpg

This also might be of some interest to you.

The Busybody: The Top 10 Books on the Crusades

And i loved the game!

Thanks for the recommend and the list link, Thomas. We're covering the Middle Ages and Renaissance this year..will have to investigate.

check this out:
The Third Crusade 1191: Richard the Lionheart, Saladin and the battle for Jerusalem

Back