• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Regarding e-books

My 8 year old knows how to download apps on his ipod, but I am hesitant for him to hit my kindle store account.:lol: I have an older kindle, so there are a ton of books for kids available. I think you are intimating about books with special features related to pictures or some kind of "interactive" content. I have yet to see anything like that, but perhaps with advanced readers like the fire, it is possible.

The Kindle Fire and the Nook are great for children's picture books since everything's in color, and there's a read-to-me option. Not sure exactly how that works, but I know it is also an option with Kindle Touch. Haven't played with mine in that capacity yet, but the free picture book I downloaded looked pretty good, even in black and white.

There's heaps of illustrated children's books on Amazon Kindle, and most two year olds I know can operate an iPad better than I can so ... :whistling:

Back