• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reginald Hill.

velocipede2288

Just finished "A Pinch of Snuff." By Reginald Hill. The author of the Dalziel and Pasco thrillers.
These are terrific novels full of humour as well. Other Hill novels I have recently read are "A Clubable Woman." "A Cure for all Diseases." "The Death of Dalziel." "On Beulah Hight."
Highly recommended.

I read On Beulah Height a long time ago and really liked it, although i don't remember the humor. I soon after forgot the author's name. I will have to read some more of this guy......

I read On Beulah Height a long time ago and really liked it, although i don't remember the humor. I soon after forgot the author's name. I will have to read some more of this guy......

The humour I was refering to was the description of Dalzel's crude antics and blunt talking.

I just finished Pictures of Perfection and enjoyed it tremendously. In this book Sargeant Wield is allowed to really come to the fore while Dalziel takes a step back from being the main focus. As usual, it's written with so much humor and wit. A pleasurable read.

I traded it out at the library now for Good Morning, Midnight. I'm hoping time allows me to get to that one soon. So much to do but it's calling to me.

I just finished Pictures of Perfection and enjoyed it tremendously. In this book Sargeant Wield is allowed to really come to the fore while Dalziel takes a step back from being the main focus. As usual, it's written with so much humor and wit. A pleasurable read.

I traded it out at the library now for Good Morning, Midnight. I'm hoping time allows me to get to that one soon. So much to do but it's calling to me.

I haven't read either if these. Love the Dalziel and Paco series. Must look out for these two books.

Joe Sixsmith series

Working my way the Dalziel and Pascoe series, I took a sideroad into the Joe Sixsmith series - very good, full of wit and wisdom. I am listening to Blood Sympathy on audio book - read by Simon J. Williamson. I cannot understand why Joe's dialogue is delivered in a lovely melodic Caribbean accent, when Joe tells us himself he born and raised in Luton!

Back