• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Relationships

wilderness said:
I know its totally different in a marriage than in a highschool relationship, but I have been with my boyfriend for eight months (as mentioned on page 2) yes it feels like forever. I cant imagine what it was like before him. Yet it also feels like nothing, and 8 months isnt that long! (yet it kinda is, a little...)

Lani

I met my husband in my first year in highschool :)

tartan_skirt said:
:D

That gives me hope. Most older people have always told me that high school romances never last. I hope mine never ends. :)
I am an older person and would never tell you that. Romance is what 2 people make of it. btw, my upcoming wedding anniversary this year will probably exceed, in years, everyone else on the forum. ;)

Libra6Poe said:
Live with my boyfriend. Paul & I have been together for a little over 4 years.

We were friends with another couple who married a month after us. They divorced after six months.:eek: :eek: At least they found out it was a mistake then, before they could introduce kids to their problems. :)

How long were they together before they married?
It seems to me that people get married so soon after only dating for a few months. Paul and I aren't even engaged. And if we do become engaged, it'll be years from now.
I prefer to try on my pants before buying them. :p

Libra6Poe said:
How long were they together before they married?
It seems to me that people get married so soon after only dating for a few months. Paul and I aren't even engaged. And if we do become engaged, it'll be years from now.
I prefer to try on my pants before buying them. :p

It wasn't long, probably 6 months or so. I believe that it was geting close to graduation, so they just took what they perceived to be, the next logical step as to "what you are supposed to do." While it is a sad thing, at least they recognized it earlier and not sooner. Imagine if they stuck out a marriage they hated for fifteen years or more.

Back