• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Relationships

recently celebrated our 13th year of blissful marriage! and he has always encouraged my love of books... :) he passed one of the 'tests' the first time he stood in front of my bookshelves with a look of total awe on his face.. :D

zen said:
recently celebrated our 13th year of blissful marriage! and he has always encouraged my love of books... :) he passed one of the 'tests' the first time he stood in front of my bookshelves with a look of total awe on his face.. :D

Ah, another keeper of the highest order! Our favorite dates always include a visit to a bookstore:cool:

Married by Common Law a year and a half. Our dates always included a stop at a bookstore; now we read to each other. We're almost through the Arabian Nights; the Odyssey is next.

Mari said:
Married by Common Law a year and a half. Our dates always included a stop at a bookstore; now we read to each other. We're almost through the Arabian Nights; the Odyssey is next.

I will never forget the time my hubby and I were at BDaltons and saw two very different couples reading to one another. The first was a teen couple reading a riddle book and the second was a man and woman, maybe in their 50's. She was sitting in an armchair and he was on the floor leaning back against her knees. He had his eyes closed as he listen to her read poetry. He must have noticed the change in her voice when she noticed us smiling at them, because he opened his eyes and then gave us the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on any stranger's face. I wish you all could have seen.

I have been with my bf for two and a bit years now (we were good friends for a year previously also). He used to be a big reader, although he doesn't read so much anymore. He introduced me to the His Dark Materials series, though, so I've waived that minor crime (for now ;) )

abecedarian said:
I will never forget the time my hubby and I were at BDaltons and saw two very different couples reading to one another. The first was a teen couple reading a riddle book and the second was a man and woman, maybe in their 50's. She was sitting in an armchair and he was on the floor leaning back against her knees. He had his eyes closed as he listen to her read poetry. He must have noticed the change in her voice when she noticed us smiling at them, because he opened his eyes and then gave us the most beautiful smile I've ever seen on any stranger's face. I wish you all could have seen.

What a lovely story ABC :)

Can I be in a relationship with the books on my shelf? (as well as my boyfriend...don't tell him that though)

I quote a manipulated interview my friends did on the school librarians.

Interviewer: have you ever had a relationship with one of the librarians?
Librarian 1: no.
Librarian 2: yes.
Interviewer: when was that?
Librarian 2: In august, to coincide with Book week. (book week at our school).

As well as...

Interviewer: Do you have any kids?
Librarian 1: No. Just books.

I love editing...you can ndo wonderful things.
Random, but still.

Lani

Back