• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reporting from Lebanon

leaving...

This is the fifth night in a row I don’t sleep. Several hours ago I found out that I’ll be leaving. My transportation has been arranged and within two hours it’ll be here. I wanted to post this last message before the leaving the country.

I feel guilty since I’m leaving behind my country, leaving behind my friends, family and my land. I feel lucky enough to have a transportation and destination after spending a whole day in the city looking for a suitable evacuation. My destination is Saudi Arabia, where my father is currently working.

I don’t know how long will it take or if even I’m going to reach, all I’m thinking of is how bad my country will destroyed. I thought it was the time for it to boost, but no! Who’s fault is it? Is it the Israeli war-machine or the Hezbollah guerilla forces? I say both are major elements in the whole equation of this bloody war.

Goodbye my country...but I will be back...soon...

Guys, now that he's gone I know we'll all be watching for Samerron's return. Let's keep a good thought or pray in our heads while we wait.

Samerron said:
This is the fifth night in a row I don’t sleep. Several hours ago I found out that I’ll be leaving. My transportation has been arranged and within two hours it’ll be here. I wanted to post this last message before the leaving the country.

I feel guilty since I’m leaving behind my country, leaving behind my friends, family and my land. I feel lucky enough to have a transportation and destination after spending a whole day in the city looking for a suitable evacuation. My destination is Saudi Arabia, where my father is currently working.

I don’t know how long will it take or if even I’m going to reach, all I’m thinking of is how bad my country will destroyed. I thought it was the time for it to boost, but no! Who’s fault is it? Is it the Israeli war-machine or the Hezbollah guerilla forces? I say both are major elements in the whole equation of this bloody war.

Goodbye my country...but I will be back...soon...

I am sorry to hear that you have to leave your own county, but glad that you have the oppurtunity to get in a safe place.

Have a good and safe journey!

Take care

Samerron, you are very much in our hearts and prayers. May you have a safe journey and hope we hear from you again very soon.

Sammeron has certainly put a human face on the suffering caused by all acts of terror and war; and his is a voice we can identify with. We can feel hs despair about the lives that are being torn apart, but I just don't hear any rage or desire for revenge coming from him.

My fervent prayer is that the internet will help us to understand that all of us deserve to live in and raise our families in a world of sanity and peace, and that we all need to believe in and work for this kind of a world.

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

It’s war on Lebanon and we are the victims.

I'm sorry, but it is war on Israel, too, and they are equally the victimes. Israel did not reacted this extreme because two soldiers were kidnapped. Israel has only just recently given up land for peace. Israeli soldiers have been kidnapped by before, and murdered. Israel released hundreds of kidnapped terrorists in order to retrieve the body parts of a kidnapped soldier.
I have read this entire post in utter disgrace.
Yes, I am sorry that your land is being bombed and that you had to leave your country. Yes, i am sorry that innocent civilians are being murdered.

All the articles posted have been completely biased. They are blaming Israel and acting as though Israel have retaliated to the smallest trigger, in the extremest measures. It only briefly outlines the attacks Lebanon has made on Israel. BRIEFLY.

I am Jewish, and I have family in Israel. I have a very close family friend who was killed in a terrorist bombing three years ago.
Israel has been attacked for years and years, and they have had enough.

This whole thing wasnt triggered by two soldeiends being kidnapped. It was much more than that.

Please keep in mind my cousins who have remained in Israel, and my other cousins who have been evacuated from their homes, who are in the same position as Samerron

Lani

Too bad we don't have that "Mature Discussion" forum yet.....

But to be fair, and accurate.

Lebanon did not attack Israel. Hezbollah did. They are not one in the same.

When terrorists are able to provoke wars, they may then stand back and watch the terrified accomplish their goals for them.

Fear feeds fear.

Guys, I would love to discuss this "war" but this is Samerron's thread. Could we move our discussion to it's own place so we can argue without losing site of his plight?

I have pretty strong opinions about what it going on over there,and I'm champing to discuss and learn but I've been restraining out of respect to this personal tragedy.

Mods can you help us out here and move some of this discussion so we can discuss in a dedicated thread?

drmjwdvm said:
Guys, I would love to discuss this "war" but this is Samerron's thread. Could we move our discussion to it's own place so we can argue without losing site of his plight?

I have pretty strong opinions about what it going on over there,and I'm champing to discuss and learn but I've been restraining out of respect to this personal tragedy.

Mods can you help us out here and move some of this discussion so we can discuss in a dedicated thread?

They can't move it anywhere until the "Mature Discussion" forum is created. It is a political topic.

Feel free to go here if you'd like to start discussing now.

drmjwdvm said:

Excellent point. I do wish the best for you Samerron and hope that you'll make it out a o.k. It's nice to have a forum with such international flavor.

Motokid said:
They can't move it anywhere until the "Mature Discussion" forum is created. It is a political topic.

Thanks Moto, you're right of course. Any ideas from anyone when this is going to happen?

We have reached Saudi Arabia safely. It was the longest day I’ve ever been through. It took us more than 24 hour on the road and it was very tiring and chaotic, but in the end I thank God for reaching a safe place.

I would like to thank every B&R member who has been watching and caring, thank you all for your graceful prayers and expressive concerns. Thank you all and I hope none of you passes through what me and my family have passed through.

I’m safe but Lebanon is still under attack. I’ve just checked the news and miserably yesterday was the most bloody day. No part of Lebanon has evaded the Israeli strikes and the whole country is on fire. I hope this will end soon and I want it to end soon...

Glad to hear you're OK, Samerron. This is a terrible situation, and every little bit of positive news is welcome. Too bad there's so much bad news to go with it... stay safe.

Back