• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ripley's books-Patricia Highsmith

saliotthomas

If there is great lady in crime,Patricia is the one.I find her to often forgoten,and somehow hard to find(or was i just unlucky?)
I loved the ripley's book and read the 5,with a preference for Ripley under ground,(french setting and the painting plot)and liked less The boy who follows ripley.
Ripley caractere is unique in literature,the calm killer,the man you can never figure out completly.
"miss Highsmith is a writer who has created a world of her own-a world claustrophobic and irrational which we enter each time with a sense of personal danger" Graham Greene

i loved the first ripley book, but in my opinion PH has written even better books, one of them is edith s diary...

I finished Strangers on a train.it is incredible work,not just anothere crime story.More of a psychological thriller where one caractere drag the other down with him in his madness.The last 50 pages were hard to read,seem the uneluctable doom of a perfectly sain and gift man.
I also have The Blunderer in store and look forward to it.

i loved strangers but i didnt like the blunderer too much - maybe it was becoz of the greek translation, it did seem like it was done hastily -

I recently bought an Everyman's Library copy of the first three Ripleys. Haven't read any yet, but I have high hopes for them. I didn't even realize that the film was based on a series...found out by accident, investigated and bought the above mentioned copy.

Back