• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Crais: Suspect

klunker

Just read Crais' newest, "Suspect". I'm going on 70 years old and don't tear up over books of movies. Had trouble with 'misty eyes' reading this one!!! If you like police suspense thrillers... and are a dog lover... better have Kleenex handy. Awesome story of a PTSD Marine K-9 who lost her handler in an Afghanistan ambush. She was also severly wounded. Much of the novel is told from "her" mind and heart. Who does she reattach to as her new "Alpha Male"?? You'll need to read it....

Just read Crais' newest, "Suspect". I'm going on 70 years old and don't tear up over books of movies. Had trouble with 'misty eyes' reading this one!!! If you like police suspense thrillers... and are a dog lover... better have Kleenex handy. Awesome story of a PTSD Marine K-9 who lost her handler in an Afghanistan ambush. She was also severly wounded. Much of the novel is told from "her" mind and heart. Who does she reattach to as her new "Alpha Male"?? You'll need to read it....
Loved this book, I've usually read Crais' Cole/Pike books but this standalone is really exceptional, Maggie is great! :)

We lost both of our dogs this year. One was 15, the other 16. They had been part of our family for a long time. Now, we are without dogs for the first time in 48 years of marriage. We have sworn... No more dogs! It's difficult to travel. Boarding is expensive. But, the "itch" is still there. Reading this book didn't help!!! :>)

We lost both of our dogs this year. One was 15, the other 16. They had been part of our family for a long time. Now, we are without dogs for the first time in 48 years of marriage. We have sworn... No more dogs! It's difficult to travel. Boarding is expensive. But, the "itch" is still there. Reading this book didn't help!!! :>)
Hi Klunker: I know about the heartbreak when you lose a pet. We have had many pets over the years of our marriage and the loss of any of them has always been traumatic. We have three dogs in our house at the moment, one of which belongs to our daughter. That's Tavish, the Westie, our dogs are Geordie, an Australian terrier, and Charlie, a poodle schnauzer mix. We don't travel any more, hubby is not well enough and, as you say, with the dogs it's difficult to go anywhere. We've never boarded them - I don't think I could bear to leave them in a boarding kennel. Any time we have gone away our daughter has done the dog sitting. So it usually has been me flying out to the west coast to visit relatives and friends while hubby keeps the home fires burning. I can't imagine life without a dog or a cat. They are always pleased to see you and when you come in the door it's as if you've been gone for weeks even if you've only been to the store.

I thought the way Crais wrote "Maggie" was terrific. Admittedly, I was skeptical at first -- how can anyone write from a dog's POV? But he did an admirable job and still kept it real. I cried too. Even though it was less realistic, I also loved "The Art of Dancing in the Rain" -- another tear-jerker.
Am on my 3rd rescue guy, a Rotweiler/Shepherd. Einstein is very old and arthritic, but sweet.

Back