• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sammy Hagar and Joel Selvin: Red

lenny nero

In this short tome, 238 pages, Sammy gives us a quick run through of his life, beginning with his family's hard luck on welfare up to the selling of his tequila brand for a humble 90 million dollars....:eek: Oh and yeah, he was in a coupla bands along the way too. He gives us the dirt on Montrose, his solo career, and the highs(5150) and lows(the horrible reunion tour of '06) of being in Van Halen.

What I found most interesting, besides the Van Halen debauchery, was all the different business interests he's had along the way, from a fire sprinkler business in his hometown to being a co-owner of the first mountain bike store in CA back in the early 80's.

The most shocking fact, to me at least, was that Sammy is 63 years old. For some reason, I thought he was younger. Oh, and he was also visited by aliens in his late teens and is big into numerology.

:star3:

Eddie Van Halen does come off in a very bad light in the book. The "re-union" tour was one of the memorable items in the book to read about. It is interesting how Michael Anthony and Sammy are best buds now. The only constant is change......

Back