• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Saying Hey!

Liadan

Just stopping by to say hi.
You will probably always find me in the Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum, since I only read fantasy. My favorite type is Dark Fantasy. If you have any recommendations, fire away. I am always looking for aomething new to read.
I am a student of Humanities at USF. So that pretty much consumes my social life. I occasionally go out to the clubs with my friends.
That is the sum of it.
Seeya on the flip side.

Wah-hoo! Nice to welcome you, Liadan. I've already met you over on the Favourite Fantasy Authors thread, but I thought I'd better officially welcome you anyway.

Where abouts in Florida are you? I went to Orlando when I was about 12. The weather over there was absolutely gorgeous (as you know) - even the rain was gorgeous!

Anyway, I'd better go and listen to the radio. Have a fantastic time here!

Damn, you beat me to it Mr. Wabbit, :mad:. Well, I'll have to wait another day to try my luck at being the first to welcome a new member.

Goodnight!

Welcome to the forum.. :)
No fun to play hide and seek if we always know where you are going to hide... :rolleyes:

Hey thanks guys!

Sillyrabbit, I have heard mixed reviews about Melville's Perdido and I read American Gods. I wouldn't have considered it Dark fantasy. What about the book do you consider Dark? Plus, I am not sure whether I like fantasy set in real time.
Thanks for teh recs. Keep'im coming.

Nosferatu, The weather is always gorgeous. Even during are freak occurence of hurricanes this summer the weather was nice. Right now it is a couple of days to christmas, and I can go outside in shorts and flipflops. Sorry to rub it in. :)

Welcome to the forum! :) I might see you in the Fantasy section, but you can always pop into General Chat y'know!

Liadan said:
Hey thanks guys!

Sillyrabbit, I have heard mixed reviews about Melville's Perdido and I read American Gods. I wouldn't have considered it Dark fantasy. What about the book do you consider Dark? Plus, I am not sure whether I like fantasy set in real time.
Thanks for teh recs. Keep'im coming.

Nosferatu, The weather is always gorgeous. Even during are freak occurence of hurricanes this summer the weather was nice. Right now it is a couple of days to christmas, and I can go outside in shorts and flipflops. Sorry to rub it in. :)

As for perdido street station, I didn't actually enjoy it that much. But I know many pepole DO like it :) Why not give the books a try? You never know, you may love it.

Shorts and flipflops?! That isn't fair. I have to wrap up with about 5 layers around me. Actually, that's a lie... but I do have to wrap up with about 3 layers.
Mr. Wabbit said:
I didn't actually enjoy it that much.
Oh right, I thought you liked it, dude. You recommended that to me a few months ago! Hehe.

:D

Well, I thought it was ok. I liked reading it but nothing great. But as I said, I know many people love it. Takes all kinds, right? There are many people that love it. And If I think that it's going to be a persons kinda book then I will recommend it. Just coz I didn't think it was not fantastic doesn't mean it isn't right? :)

Hey, yourself! Welcome to the Forum. Haven't read any of the Gaiman stuff yet, but it's on my TBR stack thanks to this Forum!

SillyWabbit said:
Just coz I didn't think it was not fantastic doesn't mean it isn't, right?
Triple negative... what does that come out at? Is that still negative? lol. I know what you mean, man. I still haven't been able to find it though. I might love that damn book and not know it yet!

Nosferatu Man said:
Shorts and flipflops?! That isn't fair. I have to wrap up with about 5 layers around me. Actually, that's a lie... but I do have to wrap up with about 3 layers.

It's a good job you don't live in the North then; it's even colder up there.

Yeah, I know. Well, I do live in the North, but you mean even Norther don't you? You're fine down there in Sunny London though aren't you Billy?

Nosferatu Man said:
Yeah, I know. Well, I do live in the North, but you mean even Norther don't you? You're fine down there in Sunny London though aren't you Billy?

You obviously haven't been following my other posts; I'm a northerner who happens, temporarily, to live in London. The north is defined as anywhere north of the river Tees. Manchester, Lancashire, Liverpool, Yorkshire etc are therefore, and unarguably, south. Manchester is practically cockney. Do you eat jellied eels? Are you, perchance, a pearly king (or queen depending on your personal preferences)?

Of course I never get into discussions like this with people from Scotland. Bloody ultra northerners. And the scotch don't try it on with Icelanders.

I haven't, unfortunately. I don't even know where the River Tees is - I'll have to get out an atlas and have a look. As for you being a Northerner - I'm just nothing. I'm me and just happen to be living in Manchester at the moment. I'm getting the hell out of England anyway when I can afford to, so I'm not arsed whether I'm classed as a Southerner, a Mancunian or a Northerner. Manchester is officially in the North-West of England though. I certainly haven't heared anyone say, 'Now let's see what's happening in the South of England, here's Tom in Manchester.' I don't care anyway.

Back