• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

sea monkeys

kuroc

Started off some sea monkeys yesterday. Most of them have hatched so far.:D
Does anybody else here have sea monkeys or tips on raising them?

Um....I don't think Sea Monkeys require care, so there probably aren't many "tips" out there. I would think that you would want to keep the tank in a comfortable room instead of on a windowsill. I think that is about as far as I can go to help you.

I had sea monkeys for years. If it didn't come with the kit you'll want a way of cleaning up all the crap from the bottom of the tank. They sell a little plastic sucky filter thingy and an aerator pumpy thing too direct from the sea monkey people. They're just squeezy plastic tubes with daft names, but if the monkeys survive they be shedding skin and breeding and the detritus will really build up.

When they get big they spend most of their time having sex, so you might want to hide them if you have any polite company.

You can get them sea diamonds which hang suspended in the water and the sea monkeys can sit on them and kick them about. For boosting their libido there's a pack called cupid's arrow, I think, but my lot never needed it. They were rampant. And there are various other packs for when they get sick or if they're not growing very well.

Anyhoo, you can get all the packs by mail order from the sea monkey people.

http://www.sea-monkeys.com/

So I had no idea what ya'll were talking about - I'm picturing some scaled aqua monkey looking thing. But I googled it and now I am fully educated on sea monkeys. Very fun.

Back