• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Seafaring Novels

"Batavia's Graveyard: The True Story of the Mad Heretic Who Led History's Bloodiest Mutiny is a 2003 book by Mike Dash ..."
This sounds interesting AuntiePam.

Oh, it is. There's another novelization about the incident, but it's not nearly as well-written as Dash's book.

This is one of the many historical incidents that I think of when people bemoan modern day atrocities. There's always been craziness. :)

I got interested in seafaring novels after reading The Sea-Wolf by Jack London. That book quickly found its way to the top of my list of favorite books. Since reading The Sea Wolf, I have enjoyed books by C. S. Forester, Patrick O'Brian, and Rafael Sabatini. I currently have Alexander Kent on my reading list, but haven’t read one yet.

Any other readers of seafaring novels on the forum? Any suggestions for additional reading?

sea wolf was a fabulous book!:)

There is a lot of great things about that book!

Totally!! the captain was a really intense character, its a long time since I read it but I could read it again I enjoyed it so much. It is a book that stuck in my head and I love a book that makes its mark!

Totally!! the captain was a really intense character, its a long time since I read it but I could read it again I enjoyed it so much. It is a book that stuck in my head and I love a book that makes its mark!

True. I like the fact that he stuck to his beliefs until the end.

yes indeed hahaa :) what a fabulous end to a fabulous book! I haven't read many sea faring books other than sea wolf and the cruel sea by Nicholas Monsarrat. I am currently reading lots of roman history but will return to the sea topics as I love sea adventures too.

yes indeed hahaa :) what a fabulous end to a fabulous book! I haven't read many sea faring books other than sea wolf and the cruel sea by Nicholas Monsarrat. I am currently reading lots of roman history but will return to the sea topics as I love sea adventures too.

I haven't read The Cruel Sea yet, but the description on Amazon sounds pretty good. If you enjoyed the Cruel Sea, you might enjoy The Good Shepherd by C. S. Forester.

I haven't read The Cruel Sea yet, but the description on Amazon sounds pretty good. If you enjoyed the Cruel Sea, you might enjoy The Good Shepherd by C. S. Forester.

Well it will be added onto my must read list!!!:) thanks for the tip!

Back