• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sean Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Sean Wright's books are going from strength to strength! Since yesterday, when Jesse Jameson and the Curse of Caldazar was 174,000 in Amazon's sales ranks, it has today gone up to 180,000!! I don't really know what those big numbers mean but one thing's for sure - they truly reflect the quality and success of Sean Wright's meisterwerks.

And here's something else from the man himself, showing just how successful and popular his books were even way back in early 2003, before they were published:

Internet browsers will discover Jesse Jameson is number one in the all-important search engine top ten listings. The biggest - www.yahoo.com - and the most-popular - www.google.com - show Jesse Jameson can be linked with keywords such as dragon, Harry Potter, creature, Lord of the Rings, and girl-hero - just to name a few. Entering the search - Jesse Jameson, review - throws up a top ten rating, too. But the most successful search keywords are - Jesse Jameson and the Golden Glow - taking the top 17 places out of several thousand listed rankings on AOL. (7-Feb-2003)​

Why, I don't think that could be any clearer, do you? No wonder Sean Wright is so successful and popular when he can communicate as clearly and unambiguously as this!

Still, I can't help thinking that there's some sort of conspiracy in the so-called media to rob this man of his due as a successful author. For example we often hear how one in twelve books purchased in the UK is by Terry Pratchett - but how often do they give us the whole picture, which is that one book in twelve purchased in the UK is by Terry Pratchett OR SEAN WRIGHT? Exactly. I think I have proved it. Case closed. I rest my case. QED!

And also! Sean Wright is so self-effacing compared to some up-your-bum children's writers, like seanwrightfan says. Here is Malorie Blackman's response to a question from www.wordpool.co.uk:

Have you won any awards or prizes?
Fantastic Fiction Award 2004 - Noughts and Crosses
BBC Big Read Top 100 Title (Number 61) - Noughts and Crosses
Wirral Children’s Paperback of the Year Award 2003 - Noughts and Crosses
FCBG Children’s Book Award 2002 - Noughts and Crosses
Lancashire Children’s Book of the Year Award 2002 - Noughts and Crosses
Sheffield Children’s Book of the Year Award 2002 - Noughts and Crosses
Stockport Children’s Book of the Year Award 2000 - Key Stage 4 - Tell me no lies
BAFTA for the Best Children’s Drama 2000 - Pig-Heart Boy
Wirral Children’s Paperback of the Year Award 1999 - Pig-Heart Boy
UKRA Award Winner 1998 - Pig-Heart Boy
Stockport Children’s Book of the Year Award 1997- Key Stage 3 - Antidote (Doubleday/Yearling)
Excelle/Write Thing Children’s Author of the Year Award 1997
Young Telegraph/Fully Booked Children’s Book of the Year Award 1996 - Thief!
W H Smith’s Mind Boggling Book Award 1994 - Hacker
Young Telegraph/Gimme 5 Children’s Book of the Year Award 1994 - Hacker​

Sean Wright's response to the same question:

Have you won any awards or prizes?
Yes. I won third prize in the Heinz Baked Beans National Slogan Competition in the early 1970s.​

I know who I love more!!!

Oh god! This makes SO much sense to me!

So, like, you're saying that because Sean Wright is the only guy to have thought of the idea of writing a book called 'Jesse Jameson and the Golden Glow' - his is the only book that appears in search engines when searching for the exact title of that book?

The man is a marketing genius!

If Sean Wright had a proper publisher rather than the small local press he currently uses, I am sure he would win prizes in every key stage in every town!

That he chooses not to is testament to his dignity and underground spirit!

I don't know about you guys, but I hate this Sean Wright guy already. No more looking at this thread, Lies!

The other great thing about Sean Wright is the fact that he is doing all he can to support other great authors to become published superstars like him, people such as Frankie K Bloch for example and Max Kinburg - author of the well known Diary of a Dead Nun published by Crowswing Books.

Sean Wright has also edited a new book, which by the look of the cover will be a really professional publication...

62334.jpg

WOW!

At first I mocked you but I just read Sean Wright! They say that it's not possible for a man to have a multiple orgasm but I found that to be untrue after reading just one of his books. Also, my penis seems lager, I have more money in the bank, and my life long fear of penguins has abated!

Yes, Sean Wright is a God! I want to marry him and bear his children! MY GOD! I still am shaking after reading one of his books. I think I will have to acost an old lady in the street to get money for more of that mans wonderful books!

OK, let me just be really clear how wonderful his book is! I started reading it last night. I was tired, but after I started I could not stop! I had to buy some matches to prop up my eye lids so to continue reading though the entire night! Once I had finished his book and had my orgasms, I had to read the whole book again!

I thought you were just a bunch of dirty spammers, but no! Sean Wright is a God of fiction! He puts the iction back into fiction! I won't spoil the book but I like it at the end where the badgers face of with the mutant pandas and they have a giant space battle and then invite the pope for tea after!

Anyway. Now I am convinced that Sean Wright is a god! I must read every single one of his books and I suggest everybody else reads him as well.

That's exactly what I mean! Even better, on google, a search for "Jesse Jameson and the Golden Glow" 'throws up' (to use Sean Wright's apposite phrase - how often does that term come to mind when contemplating his wondrous creations?!) the top 63 results from a total of 1,650!!!!!!

The 64th result is for "Jenna Jameson Sex Toys. ... Dual Action Swan Futurotic Clitoral Stimulator Golden Bumble Impulse ... Pocket Rocket Jesse's Climactic Climaxer Jesse's Magnetic Teaser". Whatever that means!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back