• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Second day posting here

novella

Hi all!

What a great site! I hope to get into some really good discussions here.

I've looked at other book forums and blogs, and I think this is the broadest and most active I've come across.

I'm in NY, a writer, and read lots. Hub reads lots, too, but we have somewhat different tastes--me fiction, him history, me poetry, him engineering/building/woodwork. So it will be fun to have others to talk to.

Best thing I've read recently (last month) is the Some Hope (aka The Patrick Melrose Trilogy) by Edward St. Aubyn, which has been out for ages in UK but only just came to the US. I loved the first of the three parts, but the classist cruelty might be a little close to the bone for English readers.

Right now I'm reading Peter Dexter's Brotherly Love, which is not as good as The Paperboy (a great combination of murder, family weirdness, and investigative journalism).

My hub is a Brit, my agent is a Brit, and we used to live there, so I am tapped into English books fairly well. Plus Charles Dickens was and is my first love.

Anyway, see y'all around!

Novella

I like your avatar too - I bought my sax with the intention of being able to play the Pink Panther theme tune :D

RainbowGurl said:
I never got a red carpet! :(

*Rolls out a streaming royally fit scarlet carpet lined with shimmering diamonds upon each hem, and places a jeweled sapphire crown upon Princess Rainbow's delicate head.*

May not be from your Wabbit, but he would have done the same I'm sure. ;)

True@1stLight said:
*Rolls out a streaming royally fit scarlet carpet lined with shimmering diamonds upon each hem, and places a jeweled sapphire crown upon Princess Rainbow's delicate head.*

May not be from your Wabbit, but he would have done the same I'm sure. ;)

Thanks for standing in and doing the honours FirstLight! You did a fine job in my place, but mine would have had a few more carrots involved! :D

SillyWabbit said:
Thanks for standing in and doing the honours FirstLight! You did a fine job in my place, but mine would have had a few more carrots involved! :D

Oooh nice touch....but she didn't even accept the carpet.... :(

Back