• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

seinfeld

mr_michel

kickbox
i notice seinfeld its finally on dvd
so i was wondering if there are any fellow seinfeld fans around here
maybe we could start a quoting game or something like that, or simply comment on favorite episodes or characters

I still remembered one of the quotes in your signature, something goes like this" I have driven women to lesiban, but not mental institution". Right?

PS: mr michel, you told me to cook a pizza in one thread at 500 for 8 minutes, and this morning, i had to eat an overburned one!! :mad:

hehe, anyway, thank you!

watercrystal said:
I still remembered one of the quotes in your signature, something goes like this" I have driven women to lesiban, but not mental institution". Right?

I've driven women to lesbianism before but never to a mental institution.

watercrystal said:
PS: mr michel, you told me to cook a pizza in one thread at 500 for 8 minutes, and this morning, i had to eat an overburned one!! :mad:

do you mean you didnt wanted it xtra crispy? :eek:

sorry i just check some website and it was what it said

the cool thing about curb Your Enthusiasm its that all the dialogues are improvised
when i saw it for the first time i thought the wife was a pretty bad actress, after learning about the improvisation i came to think she is an ok actress and larry david a genius (well not at his acting but improvising)

you can see how he is co-creator of seinfeld, this show its pretty much like seinfeld but at slower pace? (beat?, ritmyth? rate? whats the right word?), and you can actually see that he is the real constanza.

great show

I'd buy the DVD box sets, but I can't afford them. I'll just stick to watching my reruns.

Abulafia said:
Seinfeld is probably one of the unfunniest things on TV.

Yeah, I don't like it either. It's just a typical American sit com. They are all the same. We have the "funny" life wise witty character. We have the strange quirky character and the straight guy ( woman in this case ).

Pretty much every sit com follows this pattern and it's boring.

SillyWabbit said:
Yeah, I don't like it either. It's just a typical American sit com. They are all the same. We have the "funny" life wise witty character. We have the strange quirky character and the straight guy ( woman in this case ).

Pretty much every sit com follows this pattern and it's boring.

Yep. And the fact he's not even funny makes it worse. There is a pattern though, that is funny: Al Bundy, Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin.

But Seinfeld and all the other trash our television stations want us to endure is just pap. It seems that mainstream America will laugh at anything other than a good joke.

Abulafia said:
It seems that mainstream America will laugh at anything other than a good joke.

If there's the slightest chance that you have a life outside of bashing people, places, or things that are American, would you please get on with it?

A simple yes or no response would be sufficient.

RaVeN

A Festivus for the rest of us!

Festivus is December 23rd. Will you be airing your grievances? (to the people at the Festivus supper, not in TBF) Or challenging the head of the family in feats of strength? Or gathering 'round The Festivus Pole?

well its festivus for the rest of us ;) :p

george's dad got tired of all the comercial and religiuos aspect of xmas, so he decided to create a holliday on the 23 of december, instead of a tree there its a aluminiun pole without decoration, no presents, instead the family seat to dinner and there are a couple rituals, the airing of grievances (you gather your family around, and you tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year.) and the feats of strength.

How can anyone like anything on TV and not like Seinfeld

First of all when Seinfeld came out it was the most unconventional sitcom on TV (still is because any show attempting to copy it just plain fails). The show does not follow the soap opra -ish plotlines that most sitcoms follow. Your average sitcom is basically either a handful of romantic, or family relationships with a light sprinkling of jokes (mostly the type you see coming a mile away). The jokes are usually even fewer and farther between than most people realize because you have to wade through the hugging, the meaninglest moral, and the drama, a cheap substitute for comedy when you are talking about something called a sitCOM(I'm not sure but I think com is short for comedy :) Seinfeld bypasses all that shit and puts the comedy on the front burner. Also, the characters are very likeable (you'd realize that if you watched more than a half an episode before returning to something retarded like Married with Children). And as far as zanny character and strait characters, every character on Seinfeld is capable of being one or the other depending on the situation which makes them more believable. I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld has not watched a whole episode.

Funniest show ever. Easily. The reruns beat out anything new on the tube, no matter how many times I see them.

"...and you said, 'Nice game, Pretty Boy'"

natejb said:
First of all when Seinfeld came out it was the most unconventional sitcom on TV (still is because any show attempting to copy it just plain fails). The show does not follow the soap opra -ish plotlines that most sitcoms follow. Your average sitcom is basically either a handful of romantic, or family relationships with a light sprinkling of jokes (mostly the type you see coming a mile away). The jokes are usually even fewer and farther between than most people realize because you have to wade through the hugging, the meaninglest moral, and the drama, a cheap substitute for comedy when you are talking about something called a sitCOM(I'm not sure but I think com is short for comedy :) Seinfeld bypasses all that shit and puts the comedy on the front burner. Also, the characters are very likeable (you'd realize that if you watched more than a half an episode before returning to something retarded like Married with Children). And as far as zanny character and strait characters, every character on Seinfeld is capable of being one or the other depending on the situation which makes them more believable. I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld has not watched a whole episode.

A friend of mine used to really like Sienfield has inflicted many episodes on me! I still hate it it! It's just not funny and I find it as fformulaic and "safe" as every other sitcom.

Ah well, each to their own :)

SillyWabbit said:
I find it as fformulaic and "safe" as every other sitcom.

Although I believe that Chris Morris will return to our TV screens this evening (Sunday 5th December) with a sit-com on E4.

I hope this is good as his work since the Paedophile Special of Brasseye has been a little off.

Back