• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

seinfeld

natejb said:
I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld has not watched a whole episode.

That's true, I don't like it and I have not watched a whole episode.

BUT IT'S BECAUSE I COULD NOT STAND IT!!!!

Abulafia said:
Found this script: The Yada Yada Script.

I'm struggling to find the jokes. Maybe somebody could rewrite it by adding Insert Canned Laughter after each notoriously funny one-liner. :rolleyes:

usually thats what should diference a SITuation COMedy from an sketch show, the comedy should be in the plot, every single succes wrapping up towards the end of the episode, if you want to see quick funny jokes, check saturday night live (before 95, the older the better), or yer olde benny hill show or your beloved monty python

I'm okay with the Situation part; I accept that.
I just don't see - and it must be the whole UK, not just me - that can't call any of it comedy.

thats ok, a lot of people dont get brit humor
and then latins usually doesnt found the humor from U.S.A that funny, but easier to get than british.
and then everybody thinks latin humor its stupid, and i dont blame them, since i cant stand those stupid latin station abroad.

by the way why bring up the whole UK thing? im to say: wow!! that many??
and then stay quiet until it ocours to me that then most of the USA loves seinfeld and post that they are over 290 millions now.

mr_michel said:
most of the USA loves seinfeld and post that they are over 290 millions now.

I'm was born and raised in NYC and know about 200 guys like Jerry Seinfeld, but most of them are much funnier. I think he's banal, tired, and clicheed. Perfect example, to quote Freya, of a guy who thinks inside the box.

I do think it's a crying shame that his show is representative of American humor. To me, it sounds like it was written by committee--which I'm sure it was. That's the essential problem with US TV comedy--it's overwritten, diluted, and sanitized for some imaginary "middle American" audience.

Matt Groenig beats the pants off Seinfeld in every way.

I've never seen this damned show. Something tells me this is no bad thing. Looked at the scripty thing linked to above - they can't spell :(

Elaine: Actually, I remember this one time, um, this is funny. Um, we went to see the movie Striptease. I don't know if you've seen... doesn't matter. Anyway, I was whispering something to Beth, and Arnie leens over to me, and he goes, "Would you SHUT UP?!" I mean, he barely even knew me. Where did he get ah-- But they're nice people. (Elaine tries to smile realizing her mistake)

…um, this is funny… THIS is FUNNY???

Festivus

Happy Festivus to All and to All a Good Day.

hf5nt.jpg

Freya said:
Does anyone else want to get a mini Stewart-in-a-box and take him everywhere with them?? :D

woo, Freya, may I have one plz? By the way, can I shake it, make it dance or swim, and get it drunk or stuff it with the most sweet Xmas cakes, etc, etc? :D

Merry Xmas, pretty wench :p

"Well, birthdays are merely symbolic of how another year's gone by and how little we've grown." --Jerry

Back