• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Serious Question for the Ladies

eyez0nme

I would like to know how woman uses those fraternity test. Do they put it up their vagina? Or do they leave a droplet of blood to find out if their pregnant or not? How does it work? What does woman go through as she waits for the outcome? What goes through her head? Does two positive symbol mean she's pregnant? Then what's a positive and a negative? Or two negatives? What does it feel like to have morning sickness? What does a woman feel like when she realizes she's pregnant?

eyez0nme said:
I would like to know how woman uses those fraternity test. Do they put it up their vagina? Or do they leave a droplet of blood to find out if their pregnant or not? How does it work? What does woman go through as she waits for the outcome? What goes through her head? Does two positive symbol mean she's pregnant? Then what's a positive and a negative? Or two negatives? What does it feel like to have morning sickness? What does a woman feel like when she realizes she's pregnant?
Yes, you can find the general stuff out on wiki, Stewart, but not the emotional stuff. Most pregnancy tests require you to pee on a stick, which then gives a positive or negative result in a few ways. Different tests take different amounts of time to give a result, and different tests require more of a lag after sexual intercourse before they indicate whether the woman is pregnant or not. Once you've got a positive result on a home test, you generally go to your GP to get a blood test to confirm it, which is the more reliable method. The specifics you can find out on Wiki, though.

What--they piss on the whole thing or little droplets?

And what is a woman feeling, if she gets a positive match? What is she thinking? Is she mad, angry, or sad?

Kookamoor said:
Yes, you can find the general stuff out on wiki, Stewart, but not the emotional stuff. Most pregnancy tests require you to pee on a stick, which then gives a positive or negative result in a few ways. Different tests take different amounts of time to give a result, and different tests require more of a lag after sexual intercourse before they indicate whether the woman is pregnant or not. Once you've got a positive result on a home test, you generally go to your GP to get a blood test to confirm it, which is the more reliable method. The specifics you can find out on Wiki, though.

How long do these time take?

eyez0nme said:
How long do these time take?
Well, you'd want to look on Wiki or somewhere for sure. I've had a few friends take them and they're generally 2-10 mins. Some give a result after a few minutes, but the instructions may say that you should wait for 10 minutes to be sure. I can imagine that a woman who did not want a pregnancy would want to wait this extra time. Perhaps she doesn't want to look at the stick during the waiting time, but just wants to look at the result.

Her emotions would depend on whether the woman wants to be pregnant or not, and why.

Stewart said:
Let me get this straight, women have emotions? :eek:

:p

Of course we do silly. Usually that's about once a month, when the moon is full:p

Unless of course, we're menopausal. In that case, we're emotional all the time;)

Stewart said:
Let me get this straight, women have emotions? :eek:

:p
No.

abc said:
Of course we do silly. Usually that's about once a month, when the moon is full
The once a month bit lasts for three weeks though, doesn't it? Doesn't it? :confused: ;)

eyez said:
And what is a woman feeling, if she gets a positive match? What is she thinking? Is she mad, angry, or sad?
If it's a thirteen year old chav... oops, I mean, schoolgirl, I would imagine she'd be filled with dread. If it was a 35-year-old woman who'd spent several thousands of her and her husband's hard earned money on fertility treatment, probably delirious with excitement.

It was a stupid question, really.

steffee said:
It was a stupid question, really.
Not really 'stupid', but oversimplified. I think eyez was looking for a straight-forward response, thinking that it was either happy or angry; in short, polar opposites. Emotions are always far more complicated than a straight-forward response, however, as we should all realise. When you're writing about something that involved hightened emotions, such as this would, it's very important to express not only what the woman feels, but also *why* she is feeling it. She may not understand her emotions, but as the writer, you should, because you are basing her emotions on her experiences.

steffee said:
If it's a thirteen year old chav... oops, I mean, schoolgirl, I would imagine she'd be filled with dread.

Probably not; to some of these girls having a baby to show off isn't all that different from showing off their new jewellery or handbag. Just don't tell their dad, okay? :p

Stewart said:
Probably not; to some of these girls having a baby to show off isn't all that different from showing off their new jewellery or handbag. Just don't tell their dad, okay? :p

A term I've heard to describe what you're talking about is "Children as Pets" and is not restricted to just young girls. Sadly, adults play this game as well.

As long as they clean up its mess when they take it leashbound onto the streets. I don't want to stand in that muck!

Stewart said:
As long as they clean up its mess when they take it leashbound onto the streets. I don't want to stand in that muck!

You should see my niece. She's 25 years old, has 5 children by 5 different dads, and she does NOT change diapers..if her little ones are lucky they get a clean one per day. I'll stop before I start ranting..

Eyez, why not just go out and buy a pregnancy test. That way you'd be sure to have your information correct. Then, why not interview someone (or a few people) about their experience taking one. I think the experience is different for everyone. Some people do it with their partner, some people do it in the bathroom of the drug store. I don't think the emotional aspect is cut and dry either. Speaking from my personal experience, the last time I took one we were looking for a positive result. When we got it, the first thing I thought was "oh crap, I'm in for it now".

abecedarian said:
Of course we do silly. Usually that's about once a month, when the moon is full:p

Unless of course, we're menopausal. In that case, we're emotional all the time;)
Gee...I remember that...like permenant PMS! :eek:
I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Well, maybe for one day?
:D

Back