• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sheri S. Tepper: The Visitor

lenny nero

Tepper creates another fascinatingly intricate, yet believable world for the reader to get lost in, in this one. Set thousands of years after Earth's collision with an object, new societies have evolved, yet they seem to have the same old problems that the past ones had. With a great protagonist and antagonist, this one is a great read up until the end where Tepper starts hammering home the themes she's trying to get across and it comes off preachy and redundant. Otherwise a great read. Recommended.

The best part of that book for me was the way the aliens dealt with the pro-lifers. :D

That's if I'm remembering it as the right one. I have a habit of mixing her books up in my weak brain.

I mostly do, but some of them are a bit drippy for my tastes. Singer from the Sea didn't do much for me. But Beauty, Grass and Sideshow are on my favourite books list.

I've got Grass and Gibbon's Decline and Fall in my tbr pile. The Visitor is the second one I've read by her, after The Gate to Women's Country.

Smutty paperback reviews to empowering womans fiction.

Is there a connection?

WWLNRN?

Ooh, sounds interesting. I'll have to give that one a try. I've only read her Gate to Women's Country, but I liked that a lot. Of course, where I'll fit it in along with all the books I got for b-day and Christmas, I don't know...

Back