• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Shoot a new topic: fav female character!

Crystal

kickbox
Hello, :)

I am wondering what could be your favourit FEMALE character of the books that you have read and now reading recently? There are sooooo many GORGEOUS girls, women, lady, whatever the category in the books we read. Have you ever been especially impressed by one of them or many of them? Would you like to share? And why SHE stands out for you?

Mine is Natasha in WAR and PEACE. she is young, beautiful. wait, wait, I need to be more specific. I will try to finish later. and right now, she is the only one I can come up with. maybe add some more later.

Who is your fav female character, waiting for your sharing. :)

Lessa from Anne McCaffrey's Pern stands out for me. She's strong, independent, and loyal. All traits that I find to be important for a woman. She can be a bit bossy at times, but sometimes you've gotta be bossy if you want things to get done.

The Jewess Rebecca from 'Ivanhoe' is one of the most admirable characters in western literature, for her stoical, phlegmatic outlook on a world which hates her and her race contrasting with an admirable pride and self-value, for her tenderness even to those who would wish her harm, and for her skill at healing and medicine.

But how could I forget Lyra Silvertongue from His Dark Materials-who could not love her?

WOW, that is such a hard question dammit.

A few springs to my fluffy mind.

1) Clara from House of Spirits by Isabel Allende I loved that character. She is so spiritual and dreamy but she was strong when she needed to come out of the clouds and deal with stuff :)

2) Morgaine from The Chronicles of Morgaine By C J Cherryh. Kick ass warrior chick with a secret softy side! :D

Hmmm that is it for now, will post again if any spring to mind :)

My favorite female character is Isabella Ariel Nickerson who later becomes Belladonna in Karen Moline's book. I love her because she becomes a rich, powerful woman and gets revenge on the men who kidnapped and raped her.

So many of the characters in Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series.
Ella in Ella Enchanted.

I'm sure I could think of dozens if I were home and browsing the bookshelves.

Louise from Night's Dawn. I like the name and have a good friend named Louise
Sonya - Crime And Punishment
Natasya Filippovna - The Idiot

Immacolata from Weaveworld (by Clive Barker). I love a good bad guy (in this case, girl), and she's not the typical evil antagonist. As a matter of fact, by the end of the book you realize she isn't really the bad guy. I love how ruthless she is, and near the end when she's been violated and destroyed she manages to overcome her ruin and be the powerful woman she was before. She just kicked ass

I like Ana Khouri from the Revelation Space books. And my favourite scene of hers has to be when she's in the armoury picking out guns. What a girl.

SillyWabbit said:
AH YEAH! I'm with you there!!! She is a great character!

Reading Absolution Gap at the moment, so I was reminded of how blumming brilliant she is. When she made her first appearance in this book I yelled out 'Yay!' quite loudly. Luckily I was at home, though I think I probably would have done the same on the train. :eek:

Mary in War & Peace, despite her religious side. Will return to the why thing when I actually finish the book.

Hmmmm good question. Most of the books I read rarely seem to have female lead characters (well not decent ones anyway). I guess off the top of my head mine would have to be Ayla of Jean Auels Earth's Children series :)

There are so many:
Nell from Stephenson's The Diamond Age.
Lena from Conrad's Victory.
Lyra from the His Dark Materials trilogy.
I'm sure there are more, but I just went blank.

Back