• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Six feet under

ruby

Another great series from america,about the lifes of the dysfunctional fisher family who run a funeral home! Its dark,funny,witty and the acting is brilliant! Does anyone like this? As series 5 starts tonight on E4 :D

there's one more episode left for the series. The Finale is this coming Sunday night. I've loved it all the way through. I've watched it from the begining.

Makes my life seem so "normal" :rolleyes:

Isabell said:
there's one more episode left for the series. The Finale is this coming Sunday night. I've loved it all the way through. I've watched it from the begining.

Makes my life seem so "normal" :rolleyes:
Yeh my life seems so normal as well after watching it! :rolleyes:

I'm two seasons behind, so I've been trying to stay away from reports about the series' finale, but it's tough.

I've seen every episode of this series. I think it started to go downhill after the second season when they deemphasized the parts of the story that dealt with the day to day operations of a funeral home and instead became focused on everyone's relationships. After that it just became another soap opera(albeit a well acted one). I will say the last 3 episodes have been just brutal to the characters and all of the actors should win emmys for them. I think the finale is going to be something to see.

I stopped watching after the big "shocker" episode of the final season. I no longer have interest in the remaining episodes because of it. I think it was a bad move on the writer's part.

The "reviews" on tonight's (Sunday) episode are pretty good. I am looking forward to it and expect some surprises.

WooHoo, now that was a different ending. No one give away the ending as some on here are still viewing previous episodes. :)

ruby said:
Another great series from america,about the lifes of the dysfunctional fisher family who run a funeral home! Its dark,funny,witty and the acting is brilliant! Does anyone like this? As series 5 starts tonight on E4 :D

I've never heard of this show. I guess I don't watch enough of the tube.

muggle said:
WooHoo, now that was a different ending. No one give away the ending as some on here are still viewing previous episodes. :)

I second that! I have NEVER in my life have been so satisfied with a series ending. They have truely out done themselves...

All I'm going to say is I was sobbing for a half hour after it was over. I loved it !

Isabell said:
I second that! I have NEVER in my life have been so satisfied with a series ending. They have truely out done themselves...

All I'm going to say is I was sobbing for a half hour after it was over. I loved it !
It is a little hard to believe how much they accomplished in the last 15 minutes of the show. :)

Now, bring on "Desperate Housewifes". :)

muggle said:
It is a little hard to believe how much they accomplished in the last 15 minutes of the show. :)

Now, bring on "Desperate Housewifes". :)
I carnt wait to see the ending,and yeh love desperate housewifes as well! :D

The most perfect and emotionally satisfying end to a show that I've ever seen. I'm still thinking about it and I watched it yesterday. Some great moments(spoilers below!):

Brenda seeing Nate and his father with the baby, David slaying his demon, Ruth and Brenda on the stairs, Ruth's phone call to Maggie, Nate fading in Claire's rearview(I was an emotional wreck at this point), Nate telling Claire, 'Don't take that, It's already gone, and the last 10 minutes were damn near perfect, Claire at 102 and dying surrounded by those pictures killed me.

For those that have seen it, here's a link that you must check out!

I like this show but I have only seen it through Season 4. I was disappointed with most of that season's episodes. I found them either dull or disturbing, so much so that I may not watch Season 4 again.

I hope Season 5 is an improvement.

I agree with an earlier poster's statement regarding the transition from the op aspect to the relationship aspect. The series got bogged down with a lot of heavy interpersonal baggage and has staggered under the weight since then.

Back