• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Small Ads from the UK

They're all funny but I particularly like: Money Worries You Don't even Have to Get out of Bed. Call 'Pimp' Jimmy on..................

Yeah, they are all funny. I was looking through them to see which I liked the best, but it's so hard to pick just one! Finally, after much debate with the voices in my head, I picked this one...

fc64c4.jpg

They were all great! But I had one particular favourite... now what was it? I can't remember... :confused: Oh yeah: Is your memory letting you down? :D

I loved this! Did you see the chemistry test? Once my instructor for organic chem II lab wrote something to the effect of "products must actually exist" on one of my quizzes.

I didn't see that one first time. I had a look, I liked the answer to one questions where he/she responds that it's "the aliens"

A wet blanket writes: The small ads are funny but they would be funnier if he didn't pretend they were real. It's a bit like those incredibly facile email jokes you get where it says "This is a real resignation letter" or "This is a real transcript of a computer helpline telephone conversation" when they patently aren't. Oh and: those jokes (if you're in the UK) which are lists of one-liners which purport to be "Peter Kay's observations on life" or "David Brent's Office Survival Guide" and are hackneyed old jokes which Peter Kay or Ricky Gervais would never be seen dead doing.

[/fogey]

LOL-I applied for the nemesis part, but all I got back was threatening responses and insults.

Shade said:
A wet blanket writes: The small ads are funny but they would be funnier if he didn't pretend they were real. It's a bit like those incredibly facile email jokes you get where it says "This is a real resignation letter" or "This is a real transcript of a computer helpline telephone conversation" when they patently aren't. Oh and: those jokes (if you're in the UK) which are lists of one-liners which purport to be "Peter Kay's observations on life" or "David Brent's Office Survival Guide" and are hackneyed old jokes which Peter Kay or Ricky Gervais would never be seen dead doing.

[/fogey]

I'm not sure. My local paper back home prints 'false' ads in the paper as part of a competition each week. They're usually fairly amusing. I assumed these were along the same lines.

Well some of them seemed misaligned, ie slightly out of angle with the adverts above and below, and others are in similar-but-not-quite-right typefaces compared with the other adverts which is why I felt they were Photoshopped on, rather than 'real' spoof ads in the paper itself...

Shade said:
Well some of them seemed misaligned, ie slightly out of angle with the adverts above and below, and others are in similar-but-not-quite-right typefaces compared with the other adverts which is why I felt they were Photoshopped on, rather than 'real' spoof ads in the paper itself...
Good point. Thanks for bursing my bubble :mad: .

:D

Shade said:

[/fogey]

I never assumed they were real. I think it's quite an assumtion to think people would think it's real.

It's missing the point.

It's funny. That's it.

There isn't anything on the page that claims it to be true, is there? It's simply meant to be funny. The classified ADs being real or not is toally irrelevant

Back