• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

smoking in public laws

I'd rather sit next to a smoker than jog on a main city street breathing in the exhaust from all the cars, buses and trucks. I'm horrified to see people jogging with babies in strollers on busy streets, and they wonder why their kid has asthma.

P.S. I smoke, and some smokers are more annoying than others. I try not to be annoying.

You people have never lived until you've had a Bolivar belicoso fina. Not that I've ever had one.........:rolleyes: :D

I've just heard on the news that a free vote in our parliament has voted to ban smoking in all bars and clubs in the UK.
About time, great news; no more stinking clothes when I get back after a few pints on a Friday night. Well, next year anyway:)
Really don't care what anyone thinks about rights etc. at least mine and my childrens' lungs have got a better chance now.

blueboatdriver said:
I've just heard on the news that a free vote in our parliament has voted to ban smoking in all bars and clubs in the UK.

You just heard? I assume you mean England as Scotland goes smoke free on March 26th. It's been in the pipeline for over a year now and we're getting constant TV adverts about it.

Edit: Yes, just England, although Wales has the right to make a decision for itself. It will ban smoking in public places too given that Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England have banned such an act.

no more stinking clothes when I get back after a few pints on a Friday night.
Ah, but now you will be more aware of others' BO; especially when queuing around the bar where the old guys sit and **** themselves.

Stewart said:
You just heard? I assume you mean England as Scotland goes smoke free on March 26th. It's been in the pipeline for over a year now and we're getting constant TV adverts about it.

Edit: Yes, just England, although Wales has the right to make a decision for itself. It will ban smoking in public places too given that Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England have banned such an act.

Ah, but now you will be more aware of others' BO; especially when queuing around the bar where the old guys sit and piss themselves.

LOL Get on a bus in liverpool your sure to find some old person thats **** themselfs,you dont need a pub. :eek:

ruby said:
LOL Get on a bus in liverpool your sure to find some old person thats pissed themselfs,you dont need a pub. :eek:

LOL My mil has that trouble, and she's certainly never darkened the doors of a liverpool pub..or bus for that matter:)

Stewart said:

Ah, but now you will be more aware of others' BO; especially when queuing around the bar where the old guys sit and piss themselves.

Sorry, I did mean England; it wasn't clear cut until tonight's vote so may be I did get a little excitable. Excellent news though.

oh yea, as long as they make room and they've only **** themselves I won't mind. It'll only be a **** smell and not a smokie pissy smell. Passive piss never gave anyone cancer either.

I'm a reformed smoker, haven't smoked in 25 years. I didn't like the no smoking signs when they first started, and especially in restaurants.

But now, I'm very grateful for the law and since I'm alergic to smoke now, (got my pay back). I can only see an employer not hiring a smoker, I think the employer should offer a way for the employee to quit smoking if they are already employed.

I'm glad Europe is changing, used to travel there a lot and it was terrible. One time in Beijing, we asked for a smoke free seating, and they put us in a section that ashtrays were on every table, but they removed the ashtray from ours, hehehe, like they say in England, "just make do".

Back