• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Someone tell me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

What the hell happened to this place over the last six months? Where did it go wrong? Where did the downward spiral begin, and where, if anywhere, will it end?

Anyone?

Hmmmmmm, care to elaborate? Are you talking about the lack of thoughtful discussion and interaction about books? Are you tired of the trivial postings in this forum in general?

I may not quite get what the problem is, but I must admit that I absolutely love this place. This is the first thing I check when I wake up and before I go to bed. I've picked up reading an author that I hadn't read in years and I have a new found appreciation for another due to some good members here. I also enjoy sending PMs to folks out there and I enjoy their perspective on things. We have a few people that make me shake my head sometimes, but a good site needs that kind of thing. Otherwise, it gets a little stuffy with everyone who just agrees with one another.

our mutating DNA is setting the path for celestial transformation. the year 2012 is coming sooner than you realize, and soon all book forum members will be transformed simultaneously into six-dimensional beings of light. anarchy is the only alternative capable of deeming with this looming issue. the book forum's darkest day was both yesterday and tomorrow.

bobbyburns said:
our mutating DNA is setting the path for celestial transformation. the year 2012 is coming sooner than you realize, and soon all book forum members will be transformed simultaneously into six-dimensional beings of light.

You know, the Mayans had prophecies about this kind of thing. Doesn't this relate to planet X in some way? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D

Oh, and to answer your question:

It's the overall atmosphere of this place that has drastically changed over the last few months. It's like something, or someone, a few months ago, flicked a switch or pulled a lever, and turned this place upside down, turning it from an incredible place into something very, very shallow.

Now, don't think of me as the old grumpy guy, or the incessant whiner. I'm not pointing fingers, or throwing around accusations; I'm just asking. I completely realise that it is a matter of personal preference, and many people obviously have a great time here.

It's just that the recent trend of superficiality overrunning this place amazes me.

bobbyburns said:
annunaki, atlantis and maya all hold the secrets to the reemergence of planet X.

O.k., and this planet is supposed to be on a path right to us right? Our gravitational force will evaporate and we'll somehow cook or something, like a giant "scalar wave" or something?

Martin said:
Oh, and to answer your question:

It's the overall atmosphere of this place that has drastically changed over the last few months. It's like something, or someone, a few months ago, flicked a switch or pulled a lever, and turned this place upside down, turning it from an incredible place into something very, very shallow.

Now, don't think of me as the old grumpy guy, or the incessant whiner. I'm not pointing fingers, throwing around accusations, I'm just asking.

The superficiality of this place amazes me.

Oh, I see. You got me, I guess that I never noticed a shift. I do participate in the clowining around, though I've also participated in discussions outside of the "general forum." I think if we didn't have the clowning around, this place would get stuffy and die fast.

planet X is just a holographic projection on the part of the nibirians living inside the hollow earth to distract inferior humans (not unlike martin) from their dramatic reemergence.

bobbyburns said:
planet X is just a holographic projection on the part of the nibirians living inside the hollow earth to distract inferior humans (not unlike martin) from their dramatic reemergence.

Those little %&@^%@^#$!. Wait until I get my hands on one. :mad: :mad:

SFG75 said:
Hmmmmmm, care to elaborate? Are you talking about the lack of thoughtful discussion and interaction about books? Are you tired of the trivial postings in this forum in general?
I think it's the General Chat area that was mostly influenced. It's being used as a chat box/messenger type thing.

It's driving me mad to, so I try to stay away from it as much as possible.

Should someone maybe talk to Darren and see where he wants to go with this?

lies said:
I think it's the General Chat area that was mostly influenced. It's being used as a chat box/messenger type thing.
I'm not sure much can be done about it since it is General Chat and they are generally chatting. :rolleyes:

here's my question..and just to note, yes i am as guilty as anyone, i admit it completely and fully...but you are annoyed at jokes about ass pinching, planet x and writing in italics, and yet you haven't mentioned anything about the rape thread and the comic strip of someone being hung on a cross...? what are you really pissed about martin?

I'm not pissed about anything. Like I said, I'm just asking.

And I haven't even read the threads you refer to, so no comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back