• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Songs/Artists that drive you insane

I will probably get crucified for this...here goes...I can not stand Dave Mathews!

Let the throwing of rotten tomatoes begin!

Justin91 said:
I will probably get crucified for this...here goes...I can not stand Dave Mathews!

Let the throwing of rotten tomatoes begin!

You probably don't like him because he is shit. I'll certainly be keeping the tomatoes for another day. Or for Dave Matthews fans.

NotTheDoctor said:
Right now, it's gotta be "Un ange frappe à ma porte", by Natasha St. Pier. IT JUST MAKES ME WANNA P-U-K-E!!!

Aw, I like Natasha St. Pier...sort of. Not heard that song yet.

Wabbit said:
Sugar Babes - "Press the Button" The most annoying song. Ever.

I was surprised this wasn't on that crappy ITV award-to-keep-the-kids-happy show for Single of the Year 2005. They weren't even in the shortlist of ten. Fecking Westlife won it....again.

Push The Button was great. It was the follow up that was poor.

songs/artists that are stuck in your head - If you fall - azure ray
-- songs/artists that are starting to get on your nerves - ^^^^
-- songs/artists that you just plain don't like - My humps
-- songs/artists that are offensive to you - interpol(first album at least,joy division called they want their songs back)

If Green Day broke up and/or the radio stations never played their music again, I would be a happy man.

One thing I really dislike is musicians who record a cover (i.e. a recording of another artist's song) for like every other release. Brooks & Dunn is one act that comes to mind.

Also, on a similar note, musicians who "sample" (i.e. steal) old hit records for their own songs. A good example is Jessica Simpson (who IMHO has next to no talent anyway) - her first hit was a song that featured the driving lick from John Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane". And now her current "hit" is a cover of "These Boots Were Made For Walkin'".

WRITE YOUR OWN MUSIC! :mad: If you want to do a cover album to pay tribute to the songs/bands you liked growing up, fine, do it and get it out of your system. But man, it seems like so many artists today just rip off old music and try to pass it off as their own.

NEway, one modern band I definitely do not like is Nickelback. Every song they have on the radio, the guy sounds like he's about to start a fight with someone. Chill out, dude.

pretty much any new rap/hip hop. I cant say much specific cuz I purposely avoid those stations. Although I dont like Kanye West since someone brought him up.

The Pussycat Dolls.

Every day, almost once an hour on the hour, I hear one of their horrid singles. What bothers me the most? I sing along. :rolleyes:

SOS- Rihanna...i don't actually hate this song but i've heard it so many times that i turn off the radio each time i hear it

I dislike 'trendy' bands Panic at the Disco! Fall out Boy etc You just know they wont last for 6 months, and all these so called fans can barely name 5 songs.

I hate boybands, manafactured crap. Its polluted music for too long.

I dont however agree with disliking bands for them being overplayed, over-hyped or over-rated (not that i can't see why). The band doesnt control that, and half of these so called over-rated bands have been going for that long, that i think its only natural for them to gain a fan base and hell, i think bands like the Chilli's or Green Day deserve all the credit they get, however overplayed.

Back