• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sounds?

Do you like music/sound while you read?

• Total voters
Litany said:
Ooh. Were you married to strumpets?

Yes that was the maiden name of the brunette. How could you have possibly known that unless you were the he/she that was hiding under the bed that faitful night? I found elderberries covered with dustbunnies and I'll tell you right now, I'm heading down to the druggest for one of those Bic disposable DNA tests. If there's a match, there won't be a spork big enough in all the land to protect you. :mad:

RaVeN

Um, meanwhile, back on topic:

I prefer silence unless it's nice calm noises like birds twittering, or a good rain. I had a next door neighbor in one apartment complex that liked her music loud and full of bass, which I found way too distracting, and I was definitely contemplating murder.

Ashlea said:

Thanks for reminding me Ashlea, I was just getting to that. Anyway, the brunette used to eat Ritz crackers in bed and I couldn't finish a paragraph without her munching and licking and slurping. To this day that's why I prefer silence while reading.
That in turn lead me to the blonde, ex-wife #2. But that's a whole new thread. (right Ashlea?)

RaVeN

Ashlea said:

I prefer silence unless it's nice calm noises like birds twittering, or a good rain. I had a next door neighbor in one apartment complex that liked her music loud and full of bass, which I found way too distracting, and I was definitely contemplating murder.
Oh, we had one of those...bass nazi, I called him. He was so rude, he'd lock the door when we went up to ask him to turn it down. One time he even turned it up as loudly as possible, set the song on repeat, and left his apartment...starting at 10:30pm until 2:30am. I seriously considered killing him.

RaVeN said:
That in turn lead me to the blonde, ex-wife #2. But that's a whole new thread. (right Ashlea?)

RaVeN

Actually, that sounds like a whole other novel just waiting to happen.

When I read I like to have some sort of quiet noise in the background, usually I play any of my David Arkenstone music, I find it very relaxing. When I don't have that one, I usually turn on my little water fountain I have on my bedside table. Just some light noise for while I'm reading. Silence can bother me, along with anything loud, but somewhere in between, just right. :)

Ruzi said:
When I read I like to have some sort of quiet noise in the background, usually I play any of my David Arkenstone music, I find it very relaxing. When I don't have that one, I usually turn on my little water fountain I have on my bedside table. Just some light noise for while I'm reading. Silence can bother me, along with anything loud, but somewhere in between, just right. :)
David Arkenstone has the most beautiful music. What an incredible musician.

That he is,(you have good taste) I'm constantly on the lookout for more songs of his. I really wish I had enough spare cash laying around for a cd, but sadly, I do not.

I like to strt out with some music (usually classical or else I start to sing along) but then I cease to it or anything else.

I live by a lake (geese honking) and not far from an airport. So I need expected noise to drown out the unexpected noise. Plus, I love listening to music anyway. When I'm reading, I'll usually stick with instrumental jazz, no vocals. Miles, Brubeck, Coltrane, Shorter... you get the picture.

Peace

I actually find it rather hard to concentrate when there is music playing, or any sounds, when I read. Silence is bliss.

Back