• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Soup

Mort said:
The weather is cooling off (at least in the Northern Hemisphere) and it's that time of year when everyone should be consuming more soup than usual.

I'm addicted to cream of broccoli and broccoli cheese soups.

What are your favo(u)rites?
I like vegetable soup.

(a) Beef Noodle (only if it is home-made with home-made noodles);
(b) closely behind that comes Chicken Corn soup (that's right, just chicken, corn, water, butter, and black pepper cooked in an iron kettle over a wood fire);
(c) Beef Vegetable (the longer you cook it, the better it gets).

Carrot and Coriander, with lashings of pepper, and french bread with proper butter so that the butter melts into the soup
:)

Bachelors Chicken & Leek Cup A Soup with three slices of bread makes a satisfying meal. I live on my own so I'm allowed to have meals like that. Sometimes I have two cheese sandwiches instead of the three slices of bread.

Yummers! I used to live on ramen when I was in my late teens. I used to cut way back on the water so that there wouldn't be so much broth and it'd be really salty and flavorful. Not that it isn't salty enough as it is. Probably why I have borderline high blood pressure now.

i'm thirsty for days when i do that

my hubby loves Butternut Squash. when he had his wisdom teeth out he ate heaps of it and didnt tire of the taste

Oooh, I wish I could stand to eat squash. Occasionally, I'll find one variety that doesn't taste too bad, but most of 'em gag me.

mmm Campbell's Tomato...the sad thing is it's a culinary challenge for me :eek:
That and black bean soup when someone will cook for me. Delicious!

Back